Airbrush

H

Hunterpred210

Hello I would really love to hear how some of you guys paint your suits and mask. I know you should base coat the suit with a brush first and brush on simple things when do you use the airbrush. For example the spots on the predators how are they done i would think it would be very time consuming to paint every dot circle with a paint brush but i could be wrong. Are the spots airbrushed? Please anyone with any info would be wonderful. Thanks

I can't speak for all but i will say that painting the the predator is a very very time consuming piece i never used a brush on my body suit it was all done with an airbrush.

My first attempt was using regular latex paints it looked great but once i put the suit on the paint started to crack and chip off.

The next paint job i gave it i used FW acrylic inks much better stuff.
Following the advice of more experienced airbrush artists, i plan on using the FW inks thinned out with rubber cement it bonds to the latex allot better. as far as the spots there is no way around it other than getting down with airbrush and knocking them out. I was given a bit of advice take a cigarette
and burn some different size holes into a sheet of paper to use as a stencil it sounded like a good idea and i tried it out they came out great i will be using that method on my next go around.
I hope i have given ya somethign to start with, just keep in mind there is no wrong way to paint the predator ....hmmmm well ok no polka dots or bright pinks but after that anything goes.

Peace

Andrew

I can't speak for all but i will say that painting the the predator is a very very time consuming piece i never used a brush on my body suit it was all done with an airbrush.

My first attempt was using regular latex paints it looked great but once i put the suit on the paint started to crack and chip off.

The next paint job i gave it i used FW acrylic inks much better stuff.
Following the advice of more experienced airbrush artists, i plan on using the FW inks thinned out with rubber cement it bonds to the latex allot better. as far as the spots there is no way around it other than getting down with airbrush and knocking them out. I was given a bit of advice take a cigarette
and burn some different size holes into a sheet of paper to use as a stencil it sounded like a good idea and i tried it out they came out great i will be using that method on my next go around.
I hope i have given ya something to start with, just keep in mind there is no wrong way to paint the predator ....hmmmm well ok no polka dots or bright pinks but after that anything goes.

Peace

Andrew

Tanks alot that was very helpful and i really love the cigarette tecnique. As far as paints i hear alot of people having problems with getting a good paint to stick or look right. Heres what i do dont know if its the preffered technique but i just get airbrush acrylic paints and mix them with a little bit of watered down liquid latex and it sprays on fine.

Andrew
I can't believe you're telling people to use
cigarettes for painting tips. That's terrible!
It does work though!
Larry

I know larry for me to encourage smoking shame on me

I should have said get your moms permission to use the smokes or get your parents permission first

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back