Airbrush Paint Question

seviz

I have searched and come up with so many different answers I decided to post to clarify something. What is the BEST way to paint a latex mask?

Some posts say mix prosaide with acrylics, some say use latex paints from monstermakers, and some say mix acrylic paint with permawet.

Which is it? All of them?

I have access to createx paints and have some permawet and latex paint base from monstermakers.

Thanks for any feedback.

Seeing as your location isn't set I can't tell where you are but...if you are outside the US and don't want to wait or pay for international shipping try Google'ing around your local area for Pro-saide.

I did this and was surprised at how abundant it was, got mine cheaper and faster than I would have ordering from overseas.

If you are in the States, please discount my post :)

-Sekular

if your going to airbrush....use airbrush paint.....createx fabric paint works superb...its flexible when dried and doesnt clog your airbrush every 3 seconds.....paint the whole thing...heat set it with a hairdrier...then a coat of perma wet...if you like a wet look ,your done....if you like a falt finish, get some flat airbrush medium and mix it with the permawet....i always cut my permawet 50/50 with distilled water and then add flat airbrush medium...seals it very well and everything stays put!!

Hello,

I have been looking all over for the answer as well.The last post made me think of a question?Do you put any type of primer on a latex mask prior to painting it with the createx fabric paint?Also speaking of fabric paint,does that come in the opaque and transparent types?New to latex mask painting.

Thanks so much for any advice,Daren

Hello,

I have been looking all over for the answer as well.The last post made me think of a question?Do you put any type of primer on a latex mask prior to painting it with the createx fabric paint?Also speaking of fabric paint,does that come in the opaque and transparent types?New to latex mask painting.

Thanks so much for any advice,Daren

I use white tinted latex base before using any paints or inks. I like to dye the mask black first if its not already black. It takes a lot more white to cover over black, but when the mask gets older latex changes colors. I don't want that to effect my paint up and have it change colors the older it gets.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back