Airbrush broke, help on hand paint methods!

ShawDizzle

The airbrush i bought was off craigslist so it didnt come with a manual. when i took it apart the little piece under the trigger button fell out and i cant seem to figure out how to get the damn thing back in so i gotta go to a place to have them do it. Im pressed for time in completing the suit and have to improvise....luckily i dont have much left and was thinking maybe hand paint and spray primers.......i only have left some leg armor, thigh armor, cod and arm as well as the computer gaunt....all of those will be made with a combo of foamies, bulsa and PVC so i was thinking spray a black spray paint as a base then a bit of grey spray paint...then dab on some acrylic silver and brown for rust,,,both applying with a sponge......WILL THAT WORK AND LOOK OK???!! spray paint then paint acrylic on it?????

The only thing I have left thats latex are my home made pred hands and the chest armor (AVP from Mannowar) that i need to assemble tomorrow.........thats mostly latex.....i know i cant spray paint that right? but can i hand paint it all with sponges and acrylic or just wait will i get the airbrush put back together.......i wont be able to get this all done tomorrow but i want to get a lot and some painting done so whatever i get done id want to paint so im seeing if those ideas will work or not.....

also, i dont think this will happen but i looked all over the net for an online assembly guide on this damn airbrush....its just the one little piece that sits under the trigger button i cant get in there.....does anyone have or know where i can find one online...its a Master Airbrush G-23 model...
thanx,
Brian

Brian,
short of finding the part or buying a new airbrush, you can finish the way you described. For the armor, just spray it black base, then use a piece of terry towel and wipe the armor colors..bronze, silver, patina or whatever, LIGHTLY in the same direction.
For more detail on the suit, the sponge will work. I saw an awesome full suit, painted head to toe done with nothing more than Q tips!!!! I think his name was/is Dragon Fire.

Brian,
short of finding the part or buying a new airbrush, you can finish the way you described. For the armor, just spray it black base, then use a piece of terry towel and wipe the armor colors..bronze, silver, patina or whatever, LIGHTLY in the same direction.
For more detail on the suit, the sponge will work. I saw an awesome full suit, painted head to toe done with nothing more than Q tips!!!! I think his name was/is Dragon Fire.

I can use spray paint on the latex chest/sternum pieces? Prosaide it first? Also using a spray paint base then painting over in acrylic will be fine? no chipping?

and whats a terry towel..haha???

thanx tho

go to a local hardware store and get some stuff called rubber cement or if u have latex ix your collors 50/50 with it. i personally on my skin... i latexed the skin suit with the base mixed in it. then hand painted the brown areas and used sharpie markers for small dots and it looks pretty cool.

I found a diagram of your airbrush. Maybe this will help you reassemble yours. I've been a user of Master asirbrushes for years. I love them, and wish people wouldn't be so hung up on Iwata...it's the user, not the tool that gives results. Anyhoo:

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/masg22parts.aspx

DUDE, thanx for that diagram....i looked on that site last night but couldnt find that.....i got a better idea how that little piece goes in now..it was part 10...ill give it a whirl...and thanx on the other suggestions guys

Ok, so this is kind of funny. Last night I was bored so I went to the TCP Global site and could not find a diagram to help, to save my life. I emailed TCP Global Technical Support inquiring about diagrams, manuals, etc., and receieved the following reply:

Thanks for the inquiry. however we do not have specific instructions on how to assemble and disassemble the Master airbrushes orany other airbrush for that matter. That information is generallylearned in a classroom or an instructional DVD. You can also go online as there is a lot of good information on the web on airbrushing. Here isa site that may help you out; www.howtoairbrush.com

Now that's some solid support they're running over there. Glad Jon was able to locate it for you...

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back