Interest Agents of SHIELD Terrigen crystal made out of crystal? Prototype pics!

Screencaps!

MrXx8nP.jpg
- best "in natural light" shot. The etchings/engravings are like that all over, meaning they vary in size and shape, from a thick line to just a broken line of dots, even down to how deep they are into the crystal. The factory can't do that (or won't do that unless we order like 500 of the things), so the thickness we have is the above line.

ZP1kGcll.png
- Best "carrier" shot. You can see the polished sides on all of em catching the light and looking like, well, probably the metal that was referred to in the show. It'd be the easiest thing in the world to put some shiny aluminum or silver colored paint on a few of the edges and have it look pretty spiffy. It's kind of a cross between fractured glass and metal for the look.

The closest crystalline material I have found is blue smelt quartz, but unfortunately the size of the crystal is too big. It's about 2" too long. I know the show's were resin, or possibly acrylic but I've never seen a swirled rod like that, so I'm stuck with either clear (nope), dark blue, or light blue.

It's not 100%, and each one is going to be a lil different from the other with the lines, but hey, it's cool looking and that's the important part :)

Chris

Honestly, not really. There wasn't a bunch of interest, and the factory didn't want to do a small order since making them is a pain (those engravings are done by hand).

I'm about to send some 3d model prints to them for reference though, and plan to include one of these as well. Might be able to get em made.

Prototypes are available for sale if someone wants em.

Thanks!
Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back