Interest Agents of SHIELD Terrigen crystal made out of crystal? Prototype pics!

Re: Agents of SHIELD Terrigen crystal made out of crystal?

I made the crystal 20mm in diameter and I think it looks better now.

What do you think?

Yea, that seems to look a little better. Less squat looking.

Needs to be more squished though.

2 caps, one shows the... for lack of a better term, circumcision on the top section where the crystal facets aren't exactly level.
Z3VVZ6o.jpg

It looks to be just a smidge wider than it is tall.
EbdDlbP.jpg

Looking great so far!
Chris

Yea, that seems to look a little better. Less squat looking.

Needs to be more squished though.

2 caps, one shows the... for lack of a better term, circumcision on the top section where the crystal facets aren't exactly level.
http://i.imgur.com/Z3VVZ6o.jpg

It looks to be just a smidge wider than it is tall.
http://i.imgur.com/EbdDlbP.jpg

Looking great so far!
Chris

I'm not sure what you mean when you say it "needs to be more squished" with regards to the crystal.

I'm trying to work out how to take a bit off the top, it may be easier to draw as a separate part and integrate into the top of the part. I'm still learning to develop my CAD skills so anything like this with its complex facets is proving more challenging than the Fury/Coulson toolkit I rendered before.

If anyone else fancies tackling the crystal and chipping in, I'm happy to collaborate and am open to suggestions.

I'll add in some surface cracking and see what you think.

I re-drew some of the top facets and added some surface fracture lines to match the prop.

Thoughts?

Squished just means there isn't a uniform thickness to the crystal. It's a little wider than it is tall.

I'm doodling out some ideas to run past my 3d guy as well. I should have some feedback renders hopefully soon :)

Chris

Squished just means there isn't a uniform thickness to the crystal. It's a little wider than it is tall.

I'm doodling out some ideas to run past my 3d guy as well. I should have some feedback renders hopefully soon :)

Chris

Any news from your 3D guy? I've been on hold with this until you posted again to see what your man came up with.

Yea, sorry for leaving the thread kinda open ended like that. He got the renders finished and we sent them and the mpg file to the factory. They are able to make em, but man the prototypes are gonna be pricey. Kinda expected it due to the labor involved but it's never a fun surprise.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have prototypes to show off in a week or so :lol

Chris

Yea, sorry for leaving the thread kinda open ended like that. He got the renders finished and we sent them and the mpg file to the factory. They are able to make em, but man the prototypes are gonna be pricey. Kinda expected it due to the labor involved but it's never a fun surprise.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have prototypes to show off in a week or so :lol

Chris

In that case I will leave the Terrigen Crystal I was working on for you.

I look forward to seeing what your guy came up with, don't forget to post those pictures! :)

I'll make sure to post the render when I have the prototype pics ready to go. It'd make a nice comparison shot to show em going from digital pieces to actual crystal chunks.

Hoping they get em looking good though, just gotta keep my fingers crossed.

Chris

Yeah I just found this thread and I'm really interested with a bit more information.

Woohoo!!!

ul6PSzR.jpg

I'm hoping for some deeper lines in the dark blue prototype, but damn that is sweet :D

Chris

Bb0wBpJ.jpg

Polished dark blue vs light blue :)

I honestly dunno which one I like better.

y4hbPom.jpg

Both so look awesome but man, that dark blue has that neon coloring on the lines, and the light blue just has that awesome glow.

ARGH... dammit. Can't wait to get em in :lol

Chris

Those are looking great! I think when the crystals show up in the scene on the aircraft carrier, they might be better lit. Maybe that could help pick the color? Or when they arrive your own photos with lower light could help too :)
BTW The engraving looks nicely done but perhaps could they make the grooves a little narrower as in the screencaps?

http://i.imgur.com/Bb0wBpJ.jpg

Polished dark blue vs light blue :)

I honestly dunno which one I like better.

http://i.imgur.com/y4hbPom.jpg

Both so look awesome but man, that dark blue has that neon coloring on the lines, and the light blue just has that awesome glow.

ARGH... dammit. Can't wait to get em in :lol

Chris

Will the cracks be polished to match the colour of the crystal or will they remain that sort of white frosted look for the final run?

Thanks

To me it looks like the originals have a darker color to the cracks so I was planning to run some black/brown paint washes into them. The frosted texture would help the paint stick. I think those are supposed to be the bits of Diviner metal that are embedded in the crystal? Or did I mishear some dialog?

To me it looks like the originals have a darker color to the cracks so I was planning to run some black/brown paint washes into them. The frosted texture would help the paint stick. I think those are supposed to be the bits of Diviner metal that are embedded in the crystal? Or did I mishear some dialog?

Jiaying did say to Gonzalez something to the effect of "if you look closely you can still see fragments of metal inside the crystal"

Those are looking great! I think when the crystals show up in the scene on the aircraft carrier, they might be better lit. Maybe that could help pick the color? Or when they arrive your own photos with lower light could help too :)
BTW The engraving looks nicely done but perhaps could they make the grooves a little narrower as in the screencaps?

I dunno. I'll upload a screenshot from when they are being taken out of the crate. There's also sunlight, color variations, and set lighting to consider as well. I'm just going to go for whatever looks closest. I don't think they can make the etchings smaller though. If you check out the screencaps (will post em later, no worries) they are actually fairly big, but more to the point I don't think they have a smaller bit to use for that.

Will the cracks be polished to match the colour of the crystal or will they remain that sort of white frosted look for the final run?

Thanks

That, I dunno. I think they'll probably just stay frosted since I dunno how they'd polish the inside of them very well, but I'm going to check to see if there' s anything they can add to it like maybe superglue? or epoxy to help give it that polished/wet look.

Everything is in kind of a holding pattern till they come in. I'm just waiting on an email letting me know about the options for making the cracks not so white.

As soon as I hear anything, I'll update :)

Chris

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back