Interest Agents of SHIELD Terrigen crystal made out of crystal? Prototype pics!

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit - 7/13
ul6PSzR.jpg

I loves em :)

In another thread, mention was made of the terrigen crystal from Agents of SHIELD. I contacted the factory I use a while back for some feedback, and they emailed me tonight to let me know it's possible to make.

It'd be blue crystal (either dark blue or light blue, thinking dark), and the cracks/channels in the crystal would be engraved. Since the ones on the show all seem to differ a bit from each other (or it might be the same design just rotated in different shots), I figured just some random channels cut in would be fine and it'd match the idea that they are all formed from melting down a diviner, and therefore all a little different.

I don't know the prices yet, we are still working out the size and design, but I'm guessing they are going to be AT MOST 100$, but more than likely in the 50-75$ range. I'm unsure because of the labor charge for the engraving portion of it.

This is NOT a sign up thread, I don't need any payments, I don't even know what to charge at the moment. This is strictly an interest thread for later in the summer. I'm probably going to get a prototype or two made (unless there is enough interest for a small run on blind faith), so there's nothing to show at the moment.

THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1: This blue color won't be 100% accurate to the show. It'll be close though.
2: The etchings won't be 100% accurate to the show. It'll be close though.
3: The crystal won't be water soluble, but it'll look pretty.
4: They won't give you powers or turn you into ash, but that's a small price to pay for a nifty looking shiny thing for the shelf :lol

This is the crystal from the show :
rjVa19F.jpg

This is the dark blue crystal I am planning on making it from :
Qfy6C6G.jpg

So... any interest in these?

Lemme know!
Chris

Last edited:
Re: Agents of SHIELD Terrigen crystal made out of crystal?

I would be very interested. Would look great on an LED lit base!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes I too would be interested in 3........pm me when they become a reality.. :)

Cool.

I guesstimated about a 10-20 piece run when I talked to em, so we look like we are gonna hit at least the 10pc part of that.

Again, no payments needed at the moment, no firm interest or anything, just looking to gauge some interest first before lobbing out the cash for the prototypes :)

Chris

I'm interested pending more info. Always love your work, hydin.

Cool :)

With luck we are gonna have a prototype or two done on this crystal order I'm placing in a few days.

I'm trying to have 1 in dark blue and 1 in light blue. Comparisons are always a good thing.

Chris

Cool :)

With luck we are gonna have a prototype or two done on this crystal order I'm placing in a few days.

I'm trying to have 1 in dark blue and 1 in light blue. Comparisons are always a good thing.

Chris

I may be able to draw up the crystal up for you in 3D CAD as I've been considering making one of these for myself and am happy to share the 3D drawing.

What output file do you prefer (STL, DXF etc)?

Actually, that'd be pretty awesome!

Right now, if you could do a profile of the sides of the crystal in a pdf (top, front/side/etc) to show off the etching details, and an avi of it rotating in place, that should work for the factory.

Lemme know if you'd like a metric crapton of reference material. I've got about 30 megs of high res screencaps from the finale showing all the sides and some angles.

Thanks!
Chris

Hi Chris,
Give me a couple of days, I will see what I can do.
Not sure about the AVI though, I don't know how to record video from the CAD software I use as it is more of an engineering program than something like 3Ds Max.

I will rewatch the finale and try to get some screencaps.
If you could email me some of the images you have I will take a crack at replicating the shape & detail.
anachronistic_protagonist@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks
Jamie

You've got mail!

Chris

I received the images from Chris, thanks for those.
The crystal is seldom seen completley in focus and with the refraction and transparency it is quite difficult to get a really good idea of the exact shape. It looks hexagonal to me with various facets then trimmed and shaped off the hard edges.
Based on the screencaps from Chris I started work on modeling up the Crystal this morning, just trying to get the basic shape down.

Here are a few images of the faces.

I only made one of the cracked cuts into the surface to get an idea of how it would look.

Let me know what you think.

Yea, the bottom looks broken off of a bigger piece, and the top is a lil lopsided.

I'd make it a BIT thinner though. The prop looks to be more of a squished cylinder than one that's got equal sizes on all sides.

Looking great so far though!

Chris

Also, on all the screencaps it looks to be about the size of a thumb or so. Maybe a 1" diameter?

Chris

Also, on all the screencaps it looks to be about the size of a thumb or so. Maybe a 1" diameter?

Chris

It is 25mm in diameter which is pretty much an inch and about 125mm long.

Some surface cracking.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back