Agent Kallus Season 1 - Star Wars Rebels

NoHGRi

I've been working on my Agent Kallus on and off for a little over a year but finally debuted it at this years' Dutch Comic con.

kallus01_zpsligmvvc1.jpg

All parts (Bo-rifle excluded) are costume build and sized for my posture. I even shaped the helmet around my own head.

DSC_2740_zpsmon24iwl.jpg

base material is cardboard covered with resin and a lot of plaster :)
kallus01_zpsslkjdte5.jpg

kallus02_zpsjrad5fs8.jpg

kallus01_zpsfxnjigxw.jpg

kallus01_zpsoq4yhb1t.jpg

kallus02_zpsde2tub2e.jpg

kallus01_zpscw27tgiv.jpg

What a superb build! Fantastic result!

Feel free to post more pics of the work in progress. The dome with the holes in it turned out really well - how did you do that?

@Blaxmyth The extra dome with the holes (for some reason I started calling it the helmet armor :) ) is a piece of fiberglass mat with resin shaped right onto the helmet (which I covered with plastic foil so the resin wouldnt stick to the helmet) and smoothed with a thin layer of plaster

kallus03_zpsjtsjpnch.jpg

Last edited:
The body armor is also made of cardboard, fiberglass mats and resin and a lot of plaster again :)

DSC_2706_zpsvh1yjr5z.jpg

I also tried to shape this to my own chest so it would not turn out to large or small
kallus02_zpsekryxyyt.jpg kallus03_zpssrdyfprt.jpg

I sealed the front with resin and put fiberglass and resin on the inside

kallus01_zpsnr0frqlj.jpg

Added a lot of plaster to smoothen it all
kallus01_zpsiupucplu.jpg kallus02_zpsebg99lyx.jpg

three layers of Silver spray paint, followed by smears of mustard (for battle damage) and two layers of dark grey. And finishing it of with scraping away the mustard and attacking it with my dremel
kallus01_zpsukyup8az.jpg kallus02_zpsqvycckrs.jpg kallus01_zpse1mcqqht.jpg kallus02_zpsy9nupjnn.jpg

shoulder straps (also cardboard) are attached to the front armor with bolts which are then covered with plaster. And attached to the back armor with one bolt each side which is then covered with a cap
kallus03_zpsnrbajkif.jpg DSC_2703_zpskrwtzbry.jpg

DSC_2698_zpspo6nxpjl.jpg DSC_2689_zpsxdazysjq.jpg

Aha! Crafty! :thumbsup

@Blaxmyth The extra dome with the holes (for some reason I started calling it the helmet armor :) ) is a piece of fiberglass mat with resin shaped right onto the helmet (which I covered with plastic foil so the resin wouldnt stick to the helmet) and smoothed with a thin layer of plaster

It was decided on the 501st forums that Kallus doesn't wear high boots, but regular black boots with separate shin armour, without any visible seams. So a solid closed armor. Not easy to make, or to get your foot through :)
Luckily I found pvc tubes used for ventilation systems which were wide enough (barely) for me to get my foot through.

kallus03_zpsvahl3yjq.jpg

but ofcourse the longest version were about 3 inches to short (its never easy is it) So I had to lengthen them

kallus01_zps6fmjyia8.jpg

which of course is impossible without there being a seam, so back to a plastering and sanding and plastering

kallus04_zpssyk4ki0e.jpg DSC_2712_zpsgmikpbas.jpg DSC_2720_zps8q0sv0dr.jpg

After a lot of discussions on the 501st forum it was also decided the gloves were not just gloves, but also part armour.
These I made out of pvc sewer tubes cut to shape, heated and bend appropriately.

kallus03_zpszckqxjjm.jpg kallus04_zps4191w7ni.jpg DSC_2729_zpsjmxlmrux.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back