Agent Carter

Given that Hayley recently got the lead in "Conviction" there was little chance of the series renewing .

Not true. Hayley signed on for Conviction with assurances from ABC that they would make both series work.

I'm so bummed over this. I really enjoyed Agent Carter. :(:cry

Other Disney shows that got the axe: The Muppets after just one season and Marvel's Most Wanted. Disney also canned Disney Infinity this week. What' going on at the Mouse House?

I'm really surprised about the Muppets. Well, really kinda sorta surprised, actually. I gather the show improved after it was retooled midway thru the first season, and Disney/ABC owns the show, so it must've been doing REALLY poorly for it to be canceled.

Most Wanted was, in all likelihood, simply not picked up after the pilot. Which is a shame, because I'll miss Bobby and Hunter on SHIELD. Maybe they'll come back at some point, though.

Not true. Hayley signed on for Conviction with assurances from ABC that they would make both series work.

I'm most bummed about Agent Carter's cancellation. I think the show had real potential, but I have to agree with the overall sentiment that Season 2 was a step down from Season 1. It ended decently well, but it was nowhere near as engaging. I think that largely was because you could feel the show was sort of treading water. It was fun for what it was, but it lost sight of its two core goals:

1. Show how Peggy established SHIELD from the remnants of the SRS.

2. Reveal the identity of Peggy's husband (likely Sousa, at this point).

Nothing else really mattered, and the show wasn't really built for, like, a 5-season run. I'm sure it could've done that and done it well, but Season 2 really needed to be less tied to Agents of SHIELD and more about telling those stories. So, while it was entertaining in its own right, I think most of the audience felt like "Well, yeah, but you barely were renewed last season, and this season you're still dodging those two issues, so...what's the point?"

Plus, L.A. is nowhere near as interesting as New York in the late 40s/early 50s. Unless you're watching L.A. Confidential.

That I did not know. As long as Hayley is gainfully employed I'm pleased for her. I really like her early work in the BBC "Sally Lockharte "series and particularly in "The Pillars of the Earth." Shes a strong actress , only supplanted from the very top by Eva Green , who consistently stuns me with the tremendous performances she gives in "Penny Dreadful" . I just hope THAT show does not get cancelled. Again it seems to get so little coverage and low viewing figures but next to GOThrones its my favourite.

I have a pitch for Marvel. It's evident they really love Hayley Atwell and who could blame them? I love her, too. She is a phenomenal presence and instantly adds both gravity and levity to everything she's in. I'm not ready to give up this character in the MCU. The series was weakest when it was trying to crossover with AoS and I didn't need the sci-fi/ black goo/ superhuman stuff. So why can't we have her in a series of single Agent Carter TV special one-off episodes?

There's some small part of me that hopes Netflix will pick it up.

I'd love it if that happened, but I'm not all that optimistic at this point. Netflix might do it if enough members petition (they typically don't need huge viewerships to keep a show on), but the real question would be the money and such. Also whether there'd be any licensing necessary from ABC.

I recently rewatched the series. The ending of season one would've been the absolute perfect place for Endgame Steve to show up. When she throws the blood into the water. As I was watching it I was thinking "Steve HAS to come in right now!!!!" It is almost as if it was planned that way. Go back and watch that last episode of season one, and tell me you don't think the same.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back