Agent Carter

I don't mind the superhero aspect of these projects. I actually rather enjoy it. But what I'd like to see is Peggy dealing with running SHIELD itself, as a distinct division from or a reformation of the SSR. My guess would be that all of this COULD be dealt with in a Season 3.

So, like, Peggy and Sousa finally get together, and Peggy works to fight the threat posed by "the council" as it has taken hold within SHIELD. Obviously, the council is HYDRA, and obviously her efforts don't entirely succeed, but she could maybe work to delay them until Nick Fury could start taking over. I'd figure that Season 3 would be her and Sousa getting together, her discovering the threat of the council, shutting down the SSR and forming a new entity called SHIELD with her as its first director.

If ABC do cancel it maybe Net-Flix could pick it up? Given its only a 10 episode season with a built in audience that watches other Marvel shows on the network!

Rants: Pairing Peggy with Sousa?! Ugh!! Firstly - don't date the boss, secondly - the guy's an immature jerk. The Dottie storyline kinda just ended. That whole musical number about having to chose between the guy that betrayed her (and held a gun to her head) or the guy that treated her like a fragile thing, moved and got engaged to someone else because he felt 'friendzoned' (FYI Peggy would be an awesome friend) then flirted with her as soon as his fiancée called him on it? That was almost nauseating. It was only saved by Hayley Atwell's singing/dancing talent and Angie blatantly flirting. And that's another thing: Only using Angie in a fantasy sequence, WTF? They're apparently still roommates, and good friends, so why didn't Angie move out to LA to act?
I'm willing to give this another chance if there's a season 3, but the whole "which ******-bro can screw things up the least as they fall over each other to impress Peggy" has got to stop. I wish the movies had never mentioned a husband, because it made season 2 all about "ooh, which man will win her!" instead of Peggy is an independent woman who kicks ass and founds SHIELD.

I don't mind the superhero aspect of these projects. I actually rather enjoy it. But what I'd like to see is Peggy dealing with running SHIELD itself, as a distinct division from or a reformation of the SSR. My guess would be that all of this COULD be dealt with in a Season 3.

So, like, Peggy and Sousa finally get together, and Peggy works to fight the threat posed by "the council" as it has taken hold within SHIELD. Obviously, the council is HYDRA, and obviously her efforts don't entirely succeed, but she could maybe work to delay them until Nick Fury could start taking over. I'd figure that Season 3 would be her and Sousa getting together, her discovering the threat of the council, shutting down the SSR and forming a new entity called SHIELD with her as its first director.

It all depends on how they handle Nick Fury, of course. There's no way they could do the Samuel L. Jackson thing, he's too young. So would they bring in the original Fury and somehow explain the Nick Fury Jr. thing down the road? Who knows?

It was only saved by Hayley Atwell's singing/dancing talent and Angie blatantly flirting. And that's another thing: Only using Angie in a fantasy sequence, WTF? They're apparently still roommates, and good friends, so why didn't Angie move out to LA to act?.

Simple, because Peggy wasn't moving out to LA permanently, at least not initially. She was out on business or "vacation", I forget which, but it wasn't a permanent reassignment either way. Besides, back in the late '40s being a Broadway star probably would have had far more appeal and glamor than it does now a days in the age of TV & film, granted the movie business was really starting to boom then but I'd imagine that being a stage actor was still considered a very good gig.

Here's an idea.
Let us make the series about Agent Carter and SHIELD and leave the romantic aspect out ENTIRELY. She's a character who doesn't need that facet of her life addressed in order to make her more compelling.
I hate the writing that teases and invites speculation as to whom she's going to ultimately marry. It's disappointingly regressive that it's become such a central element of her character arc.
It would be bolder (and more realistic) to simply assume her settling into family life happens some time after the events of the series and leave it at that. Unfortunately the writer already started the ball rolling with the romance angle. Maybe it's too late to close that can of worms without folks getting upset.

Last edited:
Here's an idea.
Let us make the series about Agent Carter and SHIELD and leave the romantic aspect out ENTIRELY. She's a character who doesn't need that facet of her life addressed in order to make her more compelling.

That's true of most characters. Most relationships in most shows are just time wasters, they fill space that the writers are too lazy to fill with something interesting. I wish 'shippers would all jump in a volcano somewhere most of the time.

I hate the writing that teases and invites speculation as to whom she's going to ultimately marry. It's disappointingly regressive that it's become such a central element of her character arc.

We know she marries someone, nobody says she marries them soon. It might be in 20 years. It might be after she retires. Who knows?

It would be bolder (and more realistic) to simply assume her settling into family life happens some time after the events of the series and leave it at that. Unfortunately the writer already started the ball rolling with the romance angle. Maybe it's too late to close that can of worms without folks getting upset.

Let's be honest, half the people only want to see Haley Atwell's character in a relationship so they can imagine it's them. It's just sad.

So they couldn't use the x-ray cannon because it was still recharging. But all the time there was a doodad inside that by itself would close the rift? Why didn't they pull it before, and why couldn't they just throw it in, rather than fly it in with a hovercar?

So they couldn't use the x-ray cannon because it was still recharging. But all the time there was a doodad inside that by itself would close the rift? Why didn't they pull it before, and why couldn't they just throw it in, rather than fly it in with a hovercar?

...because they need an excuse for Stark to build Lola?

Geez, what unfortunate timing. One week after Peggy's actual death, *click* Peggy's cancellation. That leaves Jessica Jones and Captain Marvel. It's going to be a loooong wait.

Damn.
Well, it's a shame, but season 2 just didn't feel as interesting as the first. The office dynamic wasn't there, Anna Jarvis was a poor substitute for Angie and the contrived romantic plot with random science guy was just stupid, especially when they just paired her off with the guy she'd turned down at the end of season 1. No chemistry. They started off with the mutual respect/rivalry thing with Dottie, but then it didn't go anywhere, and whatsherface Frost, the actress was kinda dull in comparison.. Heck, I even missed the Captain America Radio Show.

Pro-tip for TV folks. Time skips are risky (even if it's only a couple of years), changing the location might change the feel of the show that folks love, and dumping the beloved supporting cast might lose you some fans (especially if it seems in retrospect you were only queerbaiting). So... I dunno? Maybe don't do all three at once?

I liked the first season, but thought the second season was absolutely awful. I almost gave up and didn't even finish it, but I hate to stop watching something halfway through so I gutted it out. Usually I'm bummed out when I show I watch gets the ax, but in this case I'm not bothered a bit by it....although I will miss seeing Hayley Atwell on my screen. :p

Given that Hayley recently got the lead in "Conviction" there was little chance of the series renewing . The first season was strong and tied in with the MCU very well, the second was less well written and consistently enjoyable , kind of the reverse of AOS.
The lack of popularity makes me wonder if thats why Marvel continues to push back its female superhero movies release dates. If DCs "Wonder Woman" doesn't do well, I imagine it could make the possibility of these films being made with a single lead even less likely ,unless they are twinned with another Marvel character of course like CATWS.
Got to admire Marvels planning though, DC s "Wonder Woman" critical and BO performance is going to influence ALOT of future films, so by letting them test the water with the most iconic female comic character so far they'll be able to judge the tone and balance of their scripts, along with the budgets better.
And budget cost is the likely the main reason AC and this lot of cancellations have happened. Too many similar programs dilute the appeal of the genre and something has to go. Also there are a lot of new series due, why cram the schedules too full. Got to admit I miss Bobbi though, that "spies goodbye " gets me in the throat every time.

Season 1 was great, but I agree Season 2 was way lacking. The ending was pitifully weak, and that dance number was awful. Also, pretty much anytime a show leaves it's original location for sunny California, the show usually jumps the shark.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back