After the RPF site update - I can't hit reply or post

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wavey

After the site update I can't hit the 'post' buttons - and I am most definitely 'on target', very odd.

For me, using a 19 inch screen at 1280 x 1024 rez, it seems the page code no longer lines up with any of the buttons to post in 'messages' and most threads - except for the one to 'start convo' (and hopefully this new post). Does this sound like a problem caused by the site update?

Page layout accross the site is all over the place and simply not rendering in the correct order. It appears that pages where the posted pics are in the smaller thumbnail format are prevented from showing the thumbnail pic, these are just represented by a grey bar with the pic name and file size but no 'open' ability. Then, the rest of those pages scroll endlessly with no side-bar scroll movement.

What am I missing here? Besides all the creativity goodness.

Three pics below:- 1b - random page, 1c - post a pic in messages, 1d - sending a message (I have blurred some text, just cos)

This page will pobably not show up for me after I hit 'Post thread'

Any ideas why?

Attachments

• rpfOddity1b.jpg
    rpfOddity1b.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 22
  • rpfOddity1c.jpg
    rpfOddity1c.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 23
  • rpfOddity1d.jpg
    rpfOddity1d.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 25

Montagar

Legendary Member
Community Staff
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After the site update I can't hit the 'post' buttons - and I am most definitely 'on target', very odd.

For me, using a 19 inch screen at 1280 x 1024 rez, it seems the page code no longer lines up with any of the buttons to post in 'messages' and most threads - except for the one to 'start convo' (and hopefully this new post). Does this sound like a problem caused by the site update?

Page layout accross the site is all over the place and simply not rendering in the correct order. It appears that pages where the posted pics are in the smaller thumbnail format are prevented from showing the thumbnail pic, these are just represented by a grey bar with the pic name and file size but no 'open' ability. Then, the rest of those pages scroll endlessly with no side-bar scroll movement.

What am I missing here? Besides all the creativity goodness.

Three pics below:- 1b - random page, 1c - post a pic in messages, 1d - sending a message (I have blurred some text, just cos)

This page will pobably not show up for me after I hit 'Post thread'

Any ideas why?
What browser are you using and is it up to date? I know that Firefox will not work properly if it is not running the newest version.

Upvote 0

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wavey

Thanks for the reply Montagar. As soon as I posted with the pics, the page went blank and scrolling to the end was about a thousand light years away.

But now I'm back, from outa space! Sorted!!

Upvote 0