Advise to make my head of predator

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lucifer1

Hello to you!

(Saddened in advance for the faults)
I am French and I like that you made. Fécilitation you are very hardly!.
There is not to predator in France and I solicite your help to be able to make my first one to predator.
I made of the other costume (mainly of the starwars) but by seeing you I have to leave everything to join you.

It is necessary difficle to find exactly what one want in a so big forum.

I shall wish to begin with the head.
I saw your sculture but me does not understand everything:
It are in clay? But how's that become a mask? (I never have to work the clay).
You use a support (a head)? The clay is it to work directly on the head?
In brief I miss details and I am a little lost...

In advance thank you for the assistant which you will bring me

LCF

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

CoolleKotten

The video that you posted shows a more cheap way of making a mask. There will be very little details and is rather small. ;)
If you do not have any experience with making masks (which it sounds like) and do not want to/can spend alot of money for all the material and such, then I should suggest you buy the head/mask from a member here that sells them.
Take a look at this thread and you will find what you're looking for: Prop makers list.

Maybe someone who speaks french can help you out better.

Cathat

It are in clay? But how's that become a mask? (I never have to work the clay).

You cast the head sculpture in plaster.

I started mask making by doing simple plaster casts - putting the head/face sculpture in a box and filling it with plaster
Make sure you have room in the bottom of the cast to get the clay out - back of head/ neck.
I recommend your first few sculptures using inexpensive potters clay because you can use a hose and water to wash out clay you can't pull out. You may need to fill the plaster cast with and let it sit to get all the clay soft to get it out of small places. You can recycle much of your clay in a bucket to use later for other projects.

So remove the clay you sculpted from the plaster, and you are left a shape you will then coat with latex rubber a few times
This latex rubber will dry and after you have coated it several times and it is dry, you pull out a copy of your sculpt in latex.

Trim excess latex - open eye holes - breathing slits
Clean and paint your latex mask with acrylic paint
add hair / details to mask - straps on the inside

You use a support (a head)? The clay is it to work directly on the head?

Most people use a mannequin head or plaster head cast. I use a small plaster cast of my own face to make sure there is a comfortable fit to my eyes, nose and mouth. You do not Have to start this way - just measure your eyes, chin, forhead, nose and make sure you do not make a mask that won't fit.

It is good you want to do this for yourself and you want to learn.

It will take a lot of practice to perfect. My simple solution above is for people who are new to this. I suggest you search french FX artists for tutorials. I believe there are some good latex maks tutorials out there with good step by step photos.

I tried to use simple English here. I hope I was helpful for someone who is just learning the art of mask making.

Cathat

Lucifer1

Hi,

Thank you very much for your advice, they are going to put useful.

I go begun by making a mould of my head, a store meadows from my home is specialized in this kind of thing and they began to help me, so I shall have a good support for work for the continuation.

I found a shop of sculture but I want to try before, to see...
To sulk of a predator is a challenge when we begin.

To buy a mask, I thought of it and I am going to contact the one of you for it.

Thank you still

Lucifer