Advice with mounting Vader helmet to wall

jusdrewit

Sr Member
Hello, I have a few wall helmet stands, and while they work great for Stormtrooper or a Boba/Mando helmet, Vader's helmet and flare is just so big it doesn't fit and reach all the way to the top of the dome. I was thinking of getting a small pillow to stuff inside or perhaps even a little square block of wood, something to add depth so the helmet stand could reach the top of Vader's helmet and also reach the wall, but wasn't sure if there was a better option or what others do if they mount their helmet on the wall? Any would help would be appreciated, thanks! :)

Ceiling mount? ;)

Attachments

• helmet2.jpg
    helmet2.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 407
  • helmet1.png
    helmet1.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 403
I made a tutorial years ago. They're still holding up strong.

I actually was going to link this, thought of it right away

I’ve seen pics where guys placed a small rubber kickball onto top of the metal circle of the stand extending the height of the vertical riser and creating a nice stable round shape for the dome to rest on like your melon.

Awesome, thanks guys for the tip, I'll definitely check that thread out.

I’ve seen pics where guys placed a small rubber kickball onto top of the metal circle of the stand extending the height of the vertical riser and creating a nice stable round shape for the dome to rest on like your melon.
That's also a great cheap idea, I didn't think of that. Ty!

I decided to go down the mostly inexpensive floating shelving option for my helmets. Just make sure to pick a size that will allow Vaders flare.

Attachments

• 20200114_123519.jpg
    20200114_123519.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,305
Here’s some on the cheap from eBay.

Nice. Those didn't exist when I made mine. I wonder how much weight those will hold. Some of these helmets are a quite heavy.

Nice. Those didn't exist when I made mine. I wonder how much weight those will hold. Some of these helmets are a quite heavy.
That's exactly what I bought lol, but the vertical bar is to short to reach the top of Vader's helmet, and the horizontal part is also too short for the depth of Vader's helmet at least with the ones I bought. I'm looking for larger sized ones, as those sure are great :)

I used the amazon one for Vader and other helmets. They do require adding various amounts of padding.
(yes my spacing is terrible ;) The mounts are equidistant but I didn't account for varying heights of helmets! )

Attachments

• sw.jpg
    sw.jpg
    298 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back