Advice Request: Legend of Korra "Equalist Glove"

sushikat

My very first post and request for advice, so please be patient with me!

I'm aiming to make a cosplay of Asami Sato from the Legend of Korra for Dragon*Con next year, and the most difficult part (and most exciting!) is her electrified glove.

I found some other replicas of it (such as this one and this one), but not much in the way of people actually sharing their experiences. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how to make this glove so that it is lightweight, durable, and with a relatively straightforward process?

Thanks so much!

Heh, give me a week and I should have one available if you like how they look.

The blanks are going to be solid resin so they will definitely be durable and will be able to have LEDs added to them so they light up. Mine look a tad different then the one linked to, but the style of them seems to change a bit between the scenes. :)

Oh the joys of cartoons. :) Thanks y'all! Atomic, I saw how much your 3D-prints cost...would a resin casting wind up being cheaper than that? I'm also open to other methods of making this that don't involve me having to buy an already-made product. I do like making things myself too. :)

Atomic, I saw how much your 3D-prints cost...would a resin casting wind up being cheaper than that?

Absolutely!
If I couldn't provide something of quality, strength, and value I wouldn't do it. (I'm also a low income artist so I wouldn't sell things for more then I'd be willing to buy them myself.)

This is also why I'm not selling the finger tips but will offer them at cost for those who want them; I can't make them cheaper myself.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back