Advice / Potential problems spotted for this arm.

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Junkers, May 10, 2012.

1. Junkers

Junkers New Member

Hi all, this is my first post on RPF, and I'm quite nervous. Everyone on here is so very talented! I hope that I can learn a lot from everyone! I apologize in advance for anything I say that sounds completely stupid >_<.

So I'm planning on making this costume in the future. Raven the Reckless Fist from Elsword Online.

[​IMG]

I was wondering if the arm was doable using the rubber cast methods that the Batman suits are made from. I was planning on using Smoothon brand dragon skin because I hear it is very strong compared to its competitors. When I consulted my peers on this project their prime concern was that the spikes would be very fragile and would tear. However I think that it would be ok if the spikes were filled with rubber, foam, or some other support structure, then again I have not done a cast on this scale so I do not know firsthand the potential problems.

Does anyone have advice on this or are their concerns unfounded?

Thanks in advance all!

2. fevereon

fevereon Active Member

I wouldn't see any problem when it comes to potential tearing, but the overall weight could easily become an issue unless you make the core from a ligther material like foam.

3. G33k

G33k Member

Have an understructure of hard/dense foam for the spikes. Dragonskin's pretty tough, but heavy. To fil those spikes would be expensive and not hold up the best...