Advice on new costume idea...Hail Hydra

chimichangaz

Hey y'all I was thinking of a new costume for Alamo City in October and would like to try a Hydra Recruitment Officer. I was thinking dressed in black and accented with various Hydra accessories such as cuff links, shoulder patches, tie clasp, belt buckle, etc... What are your thoughts on making this costume stand out? Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Any sort of pop of color. If you can do a black suit but with the Hydra logo in red, that will stand out nicely. A well-made name plate will look great as well, and explain your costume to others without them saying, "Okay... I get that you're Hydra... but how specifically?" Finally, think up some sort of gag you can run with people. The best costumes are the ones that allow you to interact with others in an abnormal way (see: Deadpool's popularity), and you'll make a more memorable impression that way.

you could print up a stack of recruitment fliers and hand them out. Off the top of my head i'm thinking along the lines of the "uncle sam needs you" posters but with Red Skull.
you could even fill in some details and direct any particularly good costumers to therpf.

... or stick your phone number on a few in case you see anyone you like ;)

Yeah, red's kinda their color. Red accents, ribbons, braids, pins, buttons, piping. Big Hydra skull emblems. So you don't just look like some guy in a black dress uniform. Though the Red Skull also wore a dark green uniform with red accents. Red & black striped tie, or red dress shirt with a black tie? What kind of a costume did you have in mind? A military dress uniform? You could buy some modern digital camo BDUs in black / gray or in red / black / gray, depending on the impression you wanted to convey. Ideally, you get a name tag and some rank indicators.

you could print up a stack of recruitment fliers and hand them out. Off the top of my head i'm thinking along the lines of the "uncle sam needs you" posters but with Red Skull. you could even fill in some details and direct any particularly good costumers to therpf. ... or stick your phone number on a few in case you see anyone you like ;)

I think Cormac's on the right track. Dummy up a flyer or a rack card or some business cards, and hand them out like a recruiter talking to high school students. Depending on how much imagination you want to put into it, you could spoof the JROTC or ROTC or the National Guard's materials / verbiage / imagery. Maybe give out some tasteful skull-themed trinkets?

-MJ

Reich-Museum-Poster-P1020672.jpg

you could modify this for a leaflet

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back