Advice on mold making. National treasure pipe

Customrelic

So i spent a month or so sculpting the pipe from national treasure. The stem, flag,tower and horse rider are removable so the main body is the issue. Should i make a mold in 2 pieces (like a sandwich) or maybe 1 mold with a small pour spout? As a lot of you know, each item you mold requires a different approach. I have made many molds before, but for some reason, im having trouble figuring out what approach to take. I will be using a brush on rubber from smooth-on. Id like to experiment with different casting mediums i have. Thanks to all.

If i put this post in the wrong area sorry

- - - Updated - - -

My mistake, the pour spout was to coincide with the 2 part mold. My other option was 1 piece mold that i cut open to remove the pipe body. Thanks

Thanks for the link. I did see that pipe. I plan on experimenting with new stone type casting resins that are out once i figure out the mold. The bottom is not flat. I was thinking of standing it upright where the stem would go and putting the pour spout there. Im going to give it a shot tomorrow morning. Ill post pics if anyone cares to see

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back