Advice from collectors in Japan.

IFA

Sr Member
Hello guys and galls.

As the title says, I need some help and advices from collectors in Japan.

I recently bought a full resin Aliens M41 Pulse Rifle replica with "help" of Buyee Japan. Now that they have the item in their warehouse, they say to me that they can't ship the item to me in France because it is a "deadly" weapon (once again, it is a full resin with no moving parts replica of a non existant sci-fi weapon...).

So I would like to know if some of you in Japan, have had such experiences before and what do you think of it and that situation ? What would you advise me to do ? I'm already in contact with a French guy there who will receipt the replica and will try to ship it to me after that......

Thank you very much for your help guys and gals.

Stay safe.

While I have no experience shipping something from Japan I do have researched shipping replica weapons. Apparently the Japanese company thinks the parcel won't pass through either the Japanese customs or the French one. I think they are probably right to be concerned as when that happens the deal may fall through and they might loose the item and the payment (when you ask for money back). If you want to take the chance to import the piece into France your best bet is to have the company send it to your French friend in Japan and let him sent it on. But there is a chance it is prohibited to send replica weapons from Japan and that it will be confiscated. Also there is a chance that will happen in France. In the Netherlands - where I'm from - it for example is prohibited to import an item that looks like a real contemporary firearm because it can be used to threaten people with. All options are risky.

Thank you for your answer AvZ. The risk is not with French Customs. I have already received some other weapon replicas that really looked like real weapons.
No the risk is for the item to leave Japan......or not :)

I'm into model guns and wanted to use buyee to purchase some from Japan but buyee would not even allow me to bid or buy because I was in the US. I am actually surprised they even allowed you to buy it.

I'm into model guns and wanted to use buyee to purchase some from Japan but buyee would not even allow me to bid or buy because I was in the US. I am actually surprised they even allowed you to buy it.
Yes that's also the question I'm asking to myself........they knew on what items I wanted to bid, they knew where I live so......WHY ?
And of course, no matter the solution I will choose, my money is lost......no refund......even if they discard the replica before to send it to me :mad:

I would try to first get my money back and if not then do your best to get it shipped out of Japan. Id rather have the money and try to source the prop through other means.

I never had any problems buying replica weapons from Poseidon through a similar buying servive, but that was back in the mid 2000's. My advice would be to try and find out what the actual Japanese customs stance is. If your friend in Japan doesn't come through, you can always have Byee send it to a freight forwarding company.

I never had any problems buying replica weapons from Poseidon through a similar buying servive, but that was back in the mid 2000's. My advice would be to try and find out what the actual Japanese customs stance is. If your friend in Japan doesn't come through, you can always have Byee send it to a freight forwarding company.
Thank you guys for the advices. Yes my friend in Japan will go first check with Postal service and Customs to see what they think and what they propose.
Maybe I could include a sheet inside the package like Factory Entertainment did for the Bond Golden Gun. But if Japan doesn't allow to ship that kind of item, do you think a freight forwarding company could do it ?

Thank you guys for the advices. Yes my friend in Japan will go first check with Postal service and Customs to see what they think and what they propose.
Maybe I could include a sheet inside the package like Factory Entertainment did for the Bond Golden Gun. But if Japan doesn't allow to ship that kind of item, do you think a freight forwarding company could do it ?
I doubt it, they have to abide by the country's laws. I did a bit of research online - Japan has very strict gun laws, but replicas are legal so long as they are not full metal. That doesn't help you with exporting though! Post office restrictions can be found here: Items that cannot be accepted for shipping - Japan Post and lists firearms, but says nothing about replicas.

In the UK it is actually far harder to export replicas than import them, as UK customs refuse to put anything that even vagueley resemble guns, even toys, on a plane . Maybe you could speak to a Japanese RPF member - Tomenosuke is a Japanese company that don't seem to have issues getting their BR blasters out of the country!

You could also try contacting these guys: [HOEI TOY GUN Export Service] 輸出サービス / [HOEI SHOJI Co., Ltd.] 有限会社邦栄商事

Excellent Birdie, thank you very much. I have sent a message to Hoei Shoji and we will see what they answer :)
Thanks a lot.

I caught this late, but I had a similar problem, so I wanted to let you know how I resolved it.

I discovered a shipping company called forward2me.They're based out of the UK, but they have hubs in Japan and a couple other countries. I contacted their customer service before actually using their services in order to confirm they would be up to the task. Within about a week they said they would be able to ship my package to me. Unfortunately, at some point the customer service representative I'd been corresponding with had forgotten that I was shipping my package from Japan, not the UK, so they had to go back and check with their guys again, but within another week they confirmed they could ship the package to me from Japan.

Once I had the confirmation, I had Buyee ship my Zillion guns to Forward2Me's warehouse in Japan. The rest was pretty painless.

Thank you very much King. My friend in Japan was able to send me the package after spending three hours in his Post Office trying to explain the guys what it was and one of the head of the PO decided it was okay to ship it (after they all take pictures holding the Pulse Rifle of the Colonial Marines) and the day after it was in France without any problems :))

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back