advice about a purchase something smells fishy

i tried to be cool heres the brief run down with this guy and said look refund me half my money so i can buy materials , we both will walk away with something not what we wanted but something i can fix get latex the the thin spots get a two part foam ,repair rips and we both get good feedback , well this guy replied in order the first one is the the one i sent with the problem then the progress

him
"U tell me what can i do for u cuz like I said it's just latex mask !
U are the first complain I have and I'll like to solve ur problem so let me know!
Sent from my iPhone"

then i proposed what i did above u know half the money i do the repair i leave goodfeedback or i report it to pay pal
i get all my money and tell everyone on the forums to stay way from him leave bad feedback blah blah

him
"O well u can do whatever u want I don't even care about those forums and my sale was final !! U can claim whatever u want on Paypal or eBay u got what u paid for it "

i lost my cool :p i was pissed

me
"your a punk man not even a man of your word you lied on your listing hell not even a man
oh and i swear ill get my money back you sold me **** from a stolen howard s bust you aint even got skills to do your own sculpt ******* punk thats all you are "

him
"U got what u paid for so the rest it's no my problem sorry"

so then i did not post the claim online i called paypal got an agent made the claim and sense its with ebay im protected
30days HA!!! the claim was filed and his account locked until resolved .....douche bag!!!!!
this the first time ever that i had to actaully go this far most people are like man lets fix this and i think i gave him a
reasonable soultion but now all you know avoid josue9520

my experience with paypal and ebay when you get ripped off. Report the guy with ebay, give him bad feedback. Make sure you file a grievance with paypal ASAP, don't try and be mr. nice guy and work things out. Look at it this way, you paid for a product that wasn't as listed...you got ripped off, get your money back if possible, if not bad feedback on ebay goes a long way. My 2 cents.

Word of advice: don't use words like punk and try to refrain from swearing. You lose credibility and come across as threatening. I find that if you simply state the facts, and make your case you can get a lot further. If you use profanity, the other person will usually put up walls and choose to ignore anything else you say past that point.

As far as your claim, you've done all you can do since hes unwilling to work with you on resolving the situation. Good luck :p

yea bro believe me i know i just really lost my cool replied impulsively on my phone that was wrong
man i did state the facts offered a soultion and he basicly told me to sit on it but i should not have given him
that power over me to piss me off so bad

I actually was bidding on that one you outbid me on it. I'm sorry for it being ****** I debated on to outbid you or not but i just kept looking at the pictures and there was little to no detail on it at all. However, I did bid on the second one he put up for $50 and i cancelled my bid when there was like 13 hours left on it and he sent me a reply saying something about not being a serious bidder. However i did fall upon this purchase right here and i am still waiting for it to be shipped. Its a predator bust casted in resin and I'm hoping it hasnt been shipped yet because its over the holiday (6 days ago). The guy said I would be able to paint the liquid latex from monstermakers over it. tell me what you guys think i spent $150 on it. Just kind of worried because the guy has not shipped it yet. However i talked to some people that posted feed back and said hes an excellent seller and he has really good feed back (108)

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually was bidding on that one you outbid me on it. I'm sorry for it being ****** I debated on to outbid you or not but i just kept looking at the pictures and there was little to no detail on it at all. However, I did bid on the second one he put up for $50 and i cancelled my bid when there was like 13 hours left on it and he sent me a reply saying something about not being a serious bidder. However i did fall upon this purchase right here and i am still waiting for it to be shipped. Its a predator bust casted in resin and I'm hoping it hasnt been shipped yet because its over the holiday (6 days ago). The guy said I would be able to paint the liquid latex from monstermakers over it. tell me what you guys think i spent $150 on it. Just kind of worried because the guy has not shipped it yet. However i talked to some people that posted feed back and said hes an excellent seller and he has really good feed back (108)

Well brother i did you a favor , and saved you from the biggest pain the ass ive ever had to deal with ebay , i saw no detail either but i chopped it up too bad pics but i thought i could mod it paint u know make it look good , but it came so flimsy that the only way i could work with it is to patch with latex and fill with foam but im in the paypal dispute now so im not gonna start doing anything i might have to send this garbage back , man the bust loooks killer , but as far as recasting someone elses work man thats unethical dont do it bro thats what this guy did in this auction for one they come out ****** the detail painted off its like lets say you took months to sculpt this piece of art hours of your time in the middle of the night to perfect your art you do all the work get it out there for sale and some douche recasted says its his and ***** on your time and effort
bro do what i did ask if any one has any mask for sale you'll be surprized how fast our community responds

Last edited by a moderator:
bro i can see all the details of the howard s sculpt in the inside of the mask

yeah the bust is tight but I'm getting a little worried because its been 6 days and he hasn't shipped it yet but I hope to have it soon. As far as recasting it and selling it off on ebay I don't intend to do. Stealing work like that and reselling it is just wrong. I'd rather sculpt my own which I plan on starting over the winter break then possibly sell some on ebay.

I got my money back, all the bull is over with ...... im one of the lucky ones i must say paypal was on my side 100% it just took forever to get my money back woohoo:)

If you lodge a complaint with Paypal you will almost ALWAYS get your money back.... I have had ebay auctions say "ALL SALES FINAL" and Paypal still refunds your money.... It just takes about a month for the process....

If you lodge a complaint with Paypal you will almost ALWAYS get your money back.... I have had ebay auctions say "ALL SALES FINAL" and Paypal still refunds your money.... It just takes about a month for the process....
A very big exception was the $200 limit... THEY SAY "up to $1000" but that depends on the sellers coverage. If the seller doesn't opt for the coverage then it defaults to $200. I got stiffed on a set of cylinder heads that were just under $1k and thought that I was covered.

Nope, I got $200 back.

Thankfully I paid with a credit card and filed with my credit union and got the balance back from them.

PayPal has made a few changes since then but I can’t imagine that it’s that drastic.

It's always good to hear when crap sellers get the shaft.

I'm glad everything worked out for you man, that guy has my first name damn its sad to be associated with scum like that. I really can't stand recasters! Either do it right or don't do it at all.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back