advice about a purchase something smells fishy

juiceredrum

hello guys ,

im kinda of new here , and i got a question i recently bought a raw mask from ebay heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...IT#ht_500wt_975
i asked the seller are you a member of the lair and he said yea , then he said but no one ever post there .which honestly that sounded like ******** i see post all the time ,then when the auction ended i asked him whats his hunters lair name and he said if it hadnt been deleted it was super fly!! which again sounded fishy and then said he really wasnt a member anymore he said its been a while but **** man i swear ive seen these pictures on the lair !!! hell i could be totally insane and all is good but wouldnt hurt to be cauious with my money in these hard times also i asked him who where the mask from and he said he made them again , ok if you made them it wouldnt hurt to post them on the lair too , if you gonna put it on ebay where you have to pay money to post , why wouldnt you post them here were thats what people are looking for ........im not claiming nothing just seeking some community advice

hello guys ,

im kinda of new here , and i got a question i recently bought a raw mask from ebay heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...IT#ht_500wt_975
i asked the seller are you a member of the lair and he said yea , then he said but no one ever post there .which honestly that sounded like ******** i see post all the time ,then when the auction ended i asked him whats his hunters lair name and he said if it hadnt been deleted it was super fly!! which again sounded fishy and then said he really wasnt a member anymore he said its been a while but **** man i swear ive seen these pictures on the lair !!! hell i could be totally insane and all is good but wouldnt hurt to be cauious with my money in these hard times also i asked him who where the mask from and he said he made them again , ok if you made them it wouldnt hurt to post them on the lair too , if you gonna put it on ebay where you have to pay money to post , why wouldnt you post them here were thats what people are looking for ........im not claiming nothing just seeking some community advice
If you check his feedback...he seems to be more of a buyer than a seller. But it seems legit...I sent him a question and asked him if he had anymore. I want to see what type of response I receive.

If you look at the pics he included, you'll notice the 3rd pic is of a different mask. The 3rd pic is of a Grusderk mask. Your best bet is to save up and buy from 1 of the many great, trustworthy guys on the lair

Here's the response I got back:

Dear mace6,

i can make as many u want!!!! just let me know how many u want
and they take 3 days to cure!!!! but this is the only one ready !!!if u
need more i will have to make them thank u

- josue9520

If predator666thepain666's knowledge of the casts that are done here on the Lair are accurate - then what we have here is a possible re-caster.

well heres my dilema i bidded and won , so i have given my word that i would go through with the transaction by bidding.
so i guess now i have to sit and chew my nails and see what i get when i get it in , ill post some better lighted detail pictures
so we can get to the true origins of the mask , i dont like this now im so wary of the transaction , but really theres no proof so i guess with my error we can help the community and learn if this is a good buy or someone to avoid no claims yet just worried

i actually just got it in today , and honestly , i can work with it i guess , let me began by saying like previously adviced
further up this thread that , your best bet is to save and get from one of the"TRUST" worthy quys on the lair .when a deal seems to good to be true it most likely is, now as far as recasting is concerned im not sure yet ill post some pics when i get a
chance , so i can get opinions on that , but over all the mask is workable ,

heres what pissed me off

the mask was casted way to thin im scarred its gonna rip on me

there are rips and tears in it already (not giant but being new should have none)

there are air bubbles in it
and thin spots were it was not coated enough with latex

and if i knew how he was gonna ship the mask i would have paid instead of free shipping
the mask was thrown in a box with shredded paper with little effort to stuff the mask to hold its
shape i could actually see into the box before i opened it

it was all stuck together i had to peel it apart when i got it

and im worried i dont think this mask could hold dreads im afraid the wieght of them would rip the mask
and in the inner mouth ...not the tusk there is no indents for the teeth just looks like gums

but over all the general apperance of the mask is acceptable but no real detail. i can work with it, proportions are right
maybe ill fill it with foam and make it a predator amature because im afraid that if i wear it out with dreads in it it will tear
not sure about the ettique on that though, i dont know , or maybe us it to work on my airbrush skills the one thing thats good is its proportions are right on

but again this is my first mask, im not really sure what to expect and there might be ways to fix the dreads
maybe fill the head with foam or something to give them more bite , this was 100 dollar lesson for me
this mask to me is not worth a 100, to me its more like fifty or less

i would have glady paid more for quality i just got ahead of myself and wanted to get started on something

but hell i wanted a project lol so here goes ......:p

lesson learned !!!!!!!!!!

have you gotten the mask yet?

i actually just got it in today , and honestly , i can work with it i guess , let me began by saying like previously adviced
further up this thread that , your best bet is to save and get from one of the"TRUST" worthy quys on the lair .when a deal seems to good to be true it most likely is, now as far as recasting is concerned im not sure yet ill post some pics when i get a
chance , so i can get opinions on that , but over all the mask is workable ,

heres what pissed me off

the mask was casted way to thin im scarred its gonna rip on me

there are rips and tears in it already (not giant but being new should have none)

and thin spots were it was not coated enough with latex

and if i knew how he was gonna ship the mask i would have paid instead of free shipping
the mask was thrown in a box with shredded paper with little effort to stuff the mask to hold its
shape i could actually see into the box before i opened it

it was all stuck together i had to peel it apart when i got it

and im worried i dont think this mask could hold dreads im afraid the wieght of them would rip the mask
and in the inner mouth ...not the tusk there is no indents for the teeth just looks like gums

but over all the general apperance of the mask is acceptable but no real detail. i can work with it, proportions are right
maybe ill fill it with foam and make it a predator amature because im afraid that if i wear it out with dreads in it it will tear
not sure about the ettique on that though, i dont know , or maybe us it to work on my airbrush skills the one thing thats good is its proportions are right on

but again this is my first mask, im not really sure what to expect and there might be ways to fix the dreads
maybe fill the head with foam or something to give them more bite , this was 100 dollar lesson for me
this mask to me is not worth a 100, to me its more like fifty or less

i would have glady paid more for quality i just got ahead of myself and wanted to get started on something

but hell i wanted a project lol so here goes ......

lesson learned !!!!!!!!!!

juiceredrum,

I went thru a similar thing with another ebayer, so I know what you're going thru.

Did you leave feed back on your seller yet?

If it was me, I'd lay the cards on the table and call it like it is...

I didn't on the ebayer I dealt with, and am regretting it... am tempted to buy a small item from him and call him on the carpet on the other deal ;)

anyhow, yes, you can get that two part foam from Burman Industries here in California, and fill the mask, and that should help.

Just be careful you don't fill too much, or let it get where you don't want it to, like the eyes and face :p

---
Ei'luj

and this is what he replied to me if this was his sculpt , cause i noticed it on the lair or something similar

yes the sculpt is mine!!and what make the mask look better its the
paint job!!!and the sculpt i have the only thing that u cam resemble
its the jaw and i made it like this cuz im working on a working on
moving jaws and under mask
josue9520

good advice i hate bitching and complaining i wish people could just stick to there word i took excerts from my post here but this is what i wrote back to him

the mask was casted way to thin im scarred its
gonna rip on me
there are rips and tears in it already (not giant
but being new should have none)
and thin spots were it was not coated enough with
latex and if i knew how you were gonna ship the
mask i would have paid instead of free shipping
the mask was thrown in a box with shredded paper
with little effort to stuff the mask to hold its
shape i could actually see into the box before i
opened it
it was all stuck together i had to peel it apart
when i got it
and im worried i dont think this mask could
holddreads im afraid the wieght of them would rip
the maskand in the inner mouth ...not the tusk
there is no indents for the teeth just looks like
gums
this aint just a paint teeth and dreads and go
if i want to salvage this mask iwll have to invest
in foam and latex to strenghten the integrity of the mask
i want this made right i did my part and you got
my money as soon as the auction ended so redeem your intrigity
and make this right

now lets see what happens

[quote name='ei'luj' post='175367' date='Nov 27 2009, 08:03 PM']juiceredrum,

I went thru a similar thing with another ebayer, so I know what you're going thru.

Did you leave feed back on your seller yet?

If it was me, I'd lay the cards on the table and call it like it is...

I didn't on the ebayer I dealt with, and am regretting it... am tempted to buy a small item from him and call him on the carpet on the other deal ;)

anyhow, yes, you can get that two part foam from Burman Industries here in California, and fill the mask, and that should help.

Just be careful you don't fill too much, or let it get where you don't want it to, like the eyes and face :p

---
Ei'luj[/quote]

good advice i hate bitching and complaining i wish people could just stick to there word i took excerts from my post here but this is what i wrote back to him

the mask was casted way to thin im scarred its
gonna rip on me
there are rips and tears in it already (not giant
but being new should have none)
and thin spots were it was not coated enough with
latex and if i knew how you were gonna ship the
mask i would have paid instead of free shipping
the mask was thrown in a box with shredded paper
with little effort to stuff the mask to hold its
shape i could actually see into the box before i
opened it
it was all stuck together i had to peel it apart
when i got it
and im worried i dont think this mask could
holddreads im afraid the wieght of them would rip
the maskand in the inner mouth ...not the tusk
there is no indents for the teeth just looks like
gums
this aint just a paint teeth and dreads and go
if i want to salvage this mask iwll have to invest
in foam and latex to strenghten the integrity of the mask
i want this made right i did my part and you got
my money as soon as the auction ended so redeem your intrigity
and make this right

now lets see what happens

Now heres his reply
Sorry to heard that but the latex it's very strong, and all you have to do it build a under mask like I said it's just latex no under mask all predator mask gotta have under mask I build mine out cardboard !!!! hector

this is how the item was listed :
THIS AUCTION IS FOR ONE BLANK UNFINISHED AND UNPAINTED MASK. THIS IS 1:1 LIFESIZE SCALE AND HAS ROOM FOR APPROXIMATELY 35 DREADS! TEETH ARE NOT INCLUDED!!!! YOU WIIL RECEIVE A BLANK LATEX MASK ALL YOU NEED TO DO ITS TRIM IT,PAINT IT AND ADD THEETH AND DREAD WILL LOOK NICE!!! FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS THANKS FOR LOOKING!!! LOOK AT THE LAST PIC THAT HOW THE MASK LOOK FINISHED!!! ASK ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING

now im no rocket sciencentist but what does the listing imply ?, am i just a dumb ass , i know this is my first mask and all
but should i have known i had to build my own undermask ? i mean, please tell me

What scum. :p

I feel your pain. It really sucks finding out things like this.

PredatrHuntr just posted pics in the other thread. Those 'brush strokes' are really detail being lost.

Hes telling you that you need an undermask for a latex mask? CARDBOARD?? If anything, people use foam inside...thats it. Who has ever used cardboard in a latex mask? Hes just making stuff up now to try and make you feel better about your bad purchase.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back