Adventure Time... Light saber build, but need some help!

Haytur

Ok this halloween I am doing a big theme with friends, where we are doing Adventure Time star wars characters. I decided I would be Jedi Finn the human. I have the outfit already mostly designed, with the traditional Finn Hat, Green backpack, Brown Jedi Robe, Blue Jedi Tunic and Belt, and some blue shorts. I am going to repaint a blaster so it is BMO. But honestly the lightsaber design I have in mind is the tuffest part and I could use some help!

First the basics, I am going to do Finns Original Golden sword as the main concept here. It's the most well known sword. I intend this to be a lightsaber I can put a working blade on (hopefully) and of course the lightsaber blade will be yellow. Here is a picture of the Adventure Time Sword in question.
1112_finns_sword.jpg

As the base of this Adventure Time sword saber I was planning on using a Disciple from Saberforge, since it was maybe the closet I could get to the handle.

dsc_00279.jpg

The leather wrap would be Cobalt blue instead of black like the above picture but the problem is...

I want to add the black regular sword guard onto this saber, I am unsure how I am going to do that quite yet. Not sure if I could glue wood to a metal object. The ideal thing would be putting a metal hilt brushed black like the saber but I am not metal smith and I doubt I can find a place here to do that nor am i sure how it would even be able to attach. The other part is the pummel, since i think the sound on the above saber comes out the bottom i would probably order this with out sound since I would have to probably make a plug of some sort that slides into the bottom. I am not sure yet how I am going to make the pommel. I was thinking maybe a black rubber that i could make it so it would slide in there and be relatively secure. Anyway I could use some help from you guys :)

Roy from wannawanga.com designed a 3D printed plastic spacer to attach side blades, in his case 2 G R A F L E X extra's, to the top of a 5Cell ... perhaps you could use the same for making a sword guard on yours?

Contact Roy is all I can suggest :)

Chaim

Hrmm I could not actually find a contact email or for that matter the spacer on his site. Honestly I would not really mind contrusting a saber that did not work, but figured if i was gonna put some money into this may as well have a blade that lights up to go with it hehe.

One way to attach a cross guard is to make each guard, separate pieces. They can either slide into holes drilled into the main hilt body or they can be beveled to the same circumference as the main hilt and attach to it with screws, similar to the way the tonfa adapter from TCSS is made... http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Tonfa-MHS-adapter-P439.aspx . There are several sabersmiths on the RPF and on various lightsaber related forums (Imperial Royal Arms and FX-Sabers) that can make something like this for you if that is the route you decide to take.

Last edited:
Ok this halloween I am doing a big theme with friends, where we are doing Adventure Time star wars characters. I decided I would be Jedi Finn the human. I have the outfit already mostly designed, with the traditional Finn Hat, Green backpack, Brown Jedi Robe, Blue Jedi Tunic and Belt, and some blue shorts. I am going to repaint a blaster so it is BMO. But honestly the lightsaber design I have in mind is the tuffest part and I could use some help!

First the basics, I am going to do Finns Original Golden sword as the main concept here. It's the most well known sword. I intend this to be a lightsaber I can put a working blade on (hopefully) and of course the lightsaber blade will be yellow. Here is a picture of the Adventure Time Sword in question.
View attachment 493922

As the base of this Adventure Time sword saber I was planning on using a Disciple from Saberforge, since it was maybe the closet I could get to the handle.

View attachment 493926

The leather wrap would be Cobalt blue instead of black like the above picture but the problem is...

I want to add the black regular sword guard onto this saber, I am unsure how I am going to do that quite yet. Not sure if I could glue wood to a metal object. The ideal thing would be putting a metal hilt brushed black like the saber but I am not metal smith and I doubt I can find a place here to do that nor am i sure how it would even be able to attach. The other part is the pummel, since i think the sound on the above saber comes out the bottom i would probably order this with out sound since I would have to probably make a plug of some sort that slides into the bottom. I am not sure yet how I am going to make the pommel. I was thinking maybe a black rubber that i could make it so it would slide in there and be relatively secure. Anyway I could use some help from you guys :)

If you were to get anything from saberforge and want it by halloween, make sure you order it NOW. The delivery date is unreliable

***** really? You would think they would put "long wait times" on there site. But I guess I can see why they would not do that.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back