Advanced Potion Making - Edition IV - Harry Potter

nurmengart

Sr Member
Hey everyone!

Another year is coming to an end... So, I would like to share the major project that I have been able to complete on these past months.

This is a prop replica I have created from Advanced Potion Making, a textbook seen in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

A famous title from the wizarding world, this particular one is a reproduction of the newest sibling of the APM family.
I wanted to give this blue baby some love and attention as most camera time in the movie is focused on the old second edition.

Edition IV however was also carefully designed for the film production with symbols, diagrams and illustrations.
With a boldness and layout envisioning what a more modern take on a potion book would have looked like.

A challenge in every step of the way I must say, but I'm glad it all worked through.
This replica has been fully hand bound, embellished with sprinkled edges and all the foil details you could expect from it.

I hope you enjoy having a look in! (-:

-nurmengart

A715Z7l.jpg

mIS0W65.jpg

z1Cv3d3.jpg

pERi56o.jpg

gYGn1hM.jpg

2ChFOeT.jpg

OsxYy0r.jpg

THvhRXh.jpg

4mr8dh6.jpg

HLXfpWZ.jpg

U3pIL1O.jpg

T1w9hoO.jpg

Hey everyone!

Another year is coming to an end... So, I would like to share the major project that I have been able to complete on these past months.

This is a prop replica I have created from Advanced Potion Making, a textbook seen in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

A famous title from the wizarding world, this particular one is a reproduction of the newest sibling of the APM family.
I wanted to give this blue baby some love and attention as most camera time in the movie is focused on the old second edition.

Edition IV however was also carefully designed for the film production with symbols, diagrams and illustrations.
With a boldness and layout envisioning what a more modern take on a potion book would have looked like.

A challenge in every step of the way I must say, but I'm glad it all worked through.
This replica has been fully hand bound, embellished with sprinkled edges and all the foil details you could expect from it.

I hope you enjoy having a look in! (-:

-nurmengart

View attachment 1516047

View attachment 1516048

View attachment 1516049

View attachment 1516050

View attachment 1516051

View attachment 1516052

View attachment 1516053

View attachment 1516054

View attachment 1516055

View attachment 1516056

View attachment 1516057

View attachment 1516058
How can I get one of these books why didn't they make snapes used Ole tatted up copy (half-blood-prince) . .

Mescall71 I actually made this one myself. ^^
Well, there's already quite a lot of versions of the Half Blood Prince's edition out there.
I normally have a bit more fun going down a different route than whats already been done. But... maybe in the future!

witchcraftbyt Thank you very much Tiph! (-:

JamesM242 Thank you very much! I appreciate it! ^^

Yes of course!

4XLrfY1.jpg

I use pigments for my replicas so the artwork was printed on a heavy microporous paper.
The top surface layer is grainy to mimic that of the original prop.

UzpmHNC.jpg

0RVEUOi.jpg

The most challenging in the beginning was color matching, I did several tests on several different papers to get the right shade.

Heres a few examples:

6u5aIKX.jpg

As this particular prop has silver work done on top of it, I did print some guide marks with the artwork to help me with the placement.
Which nevertheless was a bloody headache to get done properly to say the least.

It was worth the effort. I did love the outcome as it was achieved.

zbb1rBm.jpg

75Qun47.jpg

Afterwards I glued the cardboard pieces and wrapped the cover around the pages I had bound and sprinkled. (-:

DQXFFJ2.jpg

yjwqSUP.jpg

I guess that was about it. Heheh! Let me know if you have any other questions.

-nurmengart

I appreciate the interest! Thank you very much for the kind words!

witchcraftbyt The edges of the paper were done with toothbrushes and acrylic paints.
Edge Sprinkling is the name of the technique and you can actually use different tools for slight different effects.

Made a few attempts to see how they looked, and ended up deciding for these.

Pq0q4gd.png

CaysO59.png

saracrespo This is an exact prop replica so all content is taken solely from the original prop. No additions or fanfiction is included within.
The text is written in english. But there were only a limited number of pages made for the film and repeated to give the full thickness look.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back