Ads not user friendly.

trymypatience

I get it, you've got to feed the monkey, but these ads are making the website unusable. With an advert nearly every other post, it's very off putting and breaks up your enjoyment of the forum.

I'm not saying get rid of the ads, but maybe limiting them to 1 or two per page would be a start. As a member who has spent many hours delving through threads to learn and appreciate the amazing work on here, I find myself much less interested with ads shoved down my throat every few seconds. I cant imagine new members will find it very palatable and want to stick around. Honestly, I thought the site had been hacked when I logged in today.

I am sorry you feel that way. You do have the option to support the community and eliminate all ads via our Premium Membership. For whatever it might be worth, I see all the ads all the time (I have to in order to ensure they are working correctly) and while they can be distracting, they don't in any way make the site unusable.

The response "get premium membership" just tells me the excessive ads is just a way to push and force premium membership.

Before the site change ads were only in low places places such as to the side or bottom. Now they interupt the viewing of thread titles and the threads themselves. There was a change in ads during the upgrade. That can't be unintentional.

Running a site like this cost money (and a lot of effort) and there is 2 ways to generate that income...through ads or membership. The price of membership is within everyone's reach. The amount of information and education that I get from this site is more than worth either seeing the ads or paying for the membership!

The response "get premium membership" just tells me the excessive ads is just a way to push and force premium membership.

Your assessment is inaccurate.

The Premium Membership system was created to allow those who love this community to give back in a way that ensures the community will be around for years to come. Removing the ads for Premium members is simply one of numerous perks we offer as a nod of appreciation for that contribution.

Before the site change ads were only in low places places such as to the side or bottom. Now they interupt the viewing of thread titles and the threads themselves. There was a change in ads during the upgrade. That can't be unintentional.

We moved from one platform to a completely different platform that had a completely different ad placement structure. The old platform was horrifically outdated and the ad placement was poor at best. The new ad placement is largely intended for mobile platforms (since more than half of the people viewing this site do so from mobile). There is no point in having ineffective ads so you are correct that the ad placement is intentional to ensure that the ads perform well and create revenue that helps support the site. What would be the point of having ads if they didn't perform?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back