Adding Wood Grips to Resin Firefly Mal Pistol

dr_slurpee

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I got a set of these real american walnut wood grips over on FireflyProps.net to try and finally upgrade and finish my resin Mal pistol. fireflyprops.net - Wood grips for sale

attachment.php

I'll be putting them on this, which I know will take a little alteration since the grips weren't designed to specifically fit the resin pistol, but it should be pretty simple to fill and modify the resin with a little bondo and elbow grease. More to follow!
attachment.php

Not a wilco, they don't have the safety switch, and the grips are separate.

Phillips? If so I think the grips would be close at least?

Keep in mind the Phil castings were off the original FF version out of the original mold or remolded from a pull from the original mold pending the number of the run. By altering it, your removing its lineage.

Yep it's a Phil cast. I admit I am a bit torn still about modding it, but I would love to add the grips, make the lever move, add a moving trigger. Perhaps I will end up scratch building though. LOL

dr_slurpee,

Looking forward to your progress on this one.

Oh, and damn you! :lol Just sent Badger some credits for a set. Seriously though, thanks. The resin ones on my Sidkit need replacing.

Ted.

I had the same plan, but I actually have to make the grips, too, so I haven't gotten around to it yet. I did remove one of the grips from my Phil cast already, though. It's not too difficult with a dremel tool.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back