Adding satin lining to cape

kalkamel

Master Member
I'm planning to add satin lining to my Vader cape and want to ask those who've done a coupla questions:

(i) how many feet of satin is required?

(ii) since the cape by itself is already heavy, would adding satin make the cape too heavy for the shoulder armor to bear?

Thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kalkamel @ Apr 25 2006, 07:42 AM) [snapback]1232687[/snapback]</div>
I'm planning to add satin lining to my Vader cape and want to ask those who've done a coupla questions:

(i) how many feet of satin is required?

(ii) since the cape by itself is already heavy, would adding satin make the cape too heavy for the shoulder armor to bear?

Thanks.
[/b]

I doubt the satin would make it too heavy to bear. Satin doesnt weigh a lot.

....depends on how big the cape is.....measure the length & width and then add 10% for waste. Typically, you would buy material in yards. Try to get a 60" width swatch.

It won't make the cape substantially heavier. The Rubies cape is pretty flimsy to begin with....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevVader @ Apr 26 2006, 04:25 AM) [snapback]1232937[/snapback]</div>
....depends on how big the cape is.....measure the length & width and then add 10% for waste. Typically, you would buy material in yards. Try to get a 60" width swatch.

It won't make the cape substantially heavier. The Rubies cape is pretty flimsy to begin with....
[/b]

Thanks for the pointers, guys. Just wondering, those with the Supreme costume, how do you mod your jumpsuit to make it more breathable? I've heard of guys cutting panels in the back and such. Pics would be appreciated.

I cut the back out of mine and had a seamstress replace it with breathable and strong mesh. Ill try and post pics tomorrow if possible.

Here are the pics of the back of my modded Rubies suit. I never wear it anymore, I have a custardkitty suit for the time being. The mod made a HUGE difference. I had it professionally done. The back is cut out and replaced with a hockey jersey type of mesh. Ill let the pics speak for themselves:

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back