Adding height for iron man suit

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by helo2, May 12, 2012.

1. helo2

helo2 New Member

I'm about to begin a pep/foam hybrid iron man build and im just curious if anyone has any good ideas about how to add some height while in the suit. I'm 5'11" and would like to have more of a superhero presence while wearing the suit. I was thinking at least 6'2". I was thinking I could just build up the bottom of the shoe but I'm not sure how this would effect the knee joint or overall proportions.

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

2. widescreen

widescreen Well-Known Member

You'll find that the shoes already add a couple of inches to your height.

3. markkNL

markkNL Member

Downey Jr. is only 5' 9", So actually you should lose 2 inches.

4. helo2

helo2 New Member

Good to know, thanks.

Lol true, but I think Iron man is supposed to actually be something like 6'6".

5. TheLightwolf

TheLightwolf New Member

In the comic realm Tony Stark Jr is 6'1" without the armor, and 6'6" with the armor...then again he is 225 lbs without the armor and 425 lbs with the armor on... But trying to gain 7 inches would be very unproportionate to your build. 3, maybe 4 inches you should be set. Also the suit will make you stand upright, while everyone else is slouching causing you to appear bigger as well.

So in my opinion the 2 inches you get from the boots, and extra 1-2 from the helmet should suffice...

6. GRINCH

GRINCH Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I bought these for my IM suit. They work perfect!
    How to grow taller and increase height with our growing taller elevator shoes

7. helo2

helo2 New Member

Thanks. I really wasn't planning on trying to achieve 6'6". The extra 3-4 inches it seems the suit provides should be plenty.