Adam Savage's first BladeRunner Blaster. Pic Heavy (Revisited 2023))

Next to my PKD for scale.
IMG_20190514_184311.jpg

Wow! I love this so much. The Edison Giacattoli guns show up on eBay all the time. Nuadadesigns, I have a couple of the original guns and I'd be happy to send you one for molding if you like.

Also that gap at the back is just the gun being broken from decades of mistreatment. It's meant to have a shroud over those wires.

I've been considering doing a one-day build wherein i rebuild this thing from scratch...

Wow! I love this so much. The Edison Giacattoli guns show up on eBay all the time. Nuadadesigns, I have a couple of the original guns and I'd be happy to send you one for molding if you like.

Also that gap at the back is just the gun being broken from decades of mistreatment. It's meant to have a shroud over those wires.

I've been considering doing a one-day build wherein i rebuild this thing from scratch...

Delighted you like this so far!! It has become my favourite blaster.
I would love if you could send one, and I would get it straight back to you.
I put some wires in it last night and actually prefer it. Would love to see you rebuild this!!

Impressive design, is exactly the same as the original that was built by Adam Savage. Good job.
What the hell did Adam think he was seeing?!
When I first watched Adam Savage´s video in which he showed his collection of Blade Runner blasters I asked myself the same thing: after accurately reproducing the front of the blaster how could he build the rest in that way?

This is rad man. A few months ago I did a quick(It was like 7 hours) model using Adam blaster as reference, but I sort of made it my version of it. Changing some details, and adding others where I liked. It was fun, and Im not sure if this is gloating or anything like that. I just saw this and thought this would be the right place to share it.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    120.9 KB · Views: 241
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 247
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    90.3 KB · Views: 240
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    135.8 KB · Views: 271
This is rad man. A few months ago I did a quick(It was like 7 hours) model using Adam blaster as reference, but I sort of made it my version of it. Changing some details, and adding others where I liked. It was fun, and Im not sure if this is gloating or anything like that. I just saw this and thought this would be the right place to share it.
Whoa! That's insane!! I've been neck deep in a work project the past month, but i need to remake the handle, as it's still a bit too slim. Once I have that done I was going to mold it to cast some Amber grips and set them in, but I'm really liking your mashup. Very practical!!

IMG_20190727_214819.jpg
IMG_20190727_214825.jpg
IMG_20190727_214830.jpg

Quick update.
Finally got around to adding some Milliput to the handle and making it a bit thicker. Will be smoothening it out tomorrow, once it cures.

That is an awesome build. I have only one PKD and started building Bill Doran's. I may have to make a build of this one too. When I work my way back into f360.

How strong/resilient is milliput? Ive had problems with some model puttys cracking a bit to easily.

i've never had much problem with milliput - i've made sculptures from it without issue - i've made a catpaw dagger handle from it in multiple layers on top of each other and attacked it with dremels and even belt sanders and it always survived - even used it for decoration in wood bowls and it survived being turned on a lathe.... so yeah pretty tough - my only advice is avoid the white stuff if you can as it is much harder to see when its mixed up properly and if you dont get it quite right it can only partially harden

You can smooth out milliput really nicely before it cures with a little bit of water. I have used q-tips, wet cloths, and the tip of my finger with a little water on it to smooth it out, and then once it's where I want it I just remove any excess with a damp cloth. Works REALLY well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back