Adam Savage's first BladeRunner Blaster. Pic Heavy (Revisited 2023))

NuadaDesigns

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After watching the video on Adam Savage's Blade Runner Blaster Obsession, for the 50th time, I decided to have a go at trying to replicate the very first blaster that he made, back in the day.
Even though he was going for a PKD replica, I think the design he ended up with was pretty sweet and i love the grips.
I did up a rough 3d model this evening, which is about 60% done. I have been searching, but cant seem to find the Edison Diocattoli raygun handle. Ill keep searching and hopefully build a more accurate one some day.
I'll be printing most pieces this weekend and then finishing the rest off by hand (Grips, screws, greeblies)
I took some liberties and added the Weyland Yutani Logo, as homage to the fandom, and named it
the A-SVG 105.
Assembly1.png

Assembly3.png
Assembly2.png

I also plan on putting a yellow translucent tube, where the gap was at the rear of the receiver, but i'm open to input or suggestions from anyone.

Thanks for checking it out!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if the original toy handle was made by squeezing a balloon filled with bondo. I love the way it looks like it gooshed out between someone's fingers.

The handle & grips on Adam’s gun was from one of Edison Giocattoli's famous "Super Thur" or "TG-105" ray gun toys of the early 80's (this piece was also used as the handle of the 'Lassiter laser pistol' from episode 11 of Firefly) hence Adam’s gun has ‘105’ on the handle. I have one in the shed in it’s original box for my own re-creation of Adam’s gun.

The handle & grips on Adam’s gun was from one of Edison Giocattoli's famous "Super Thur" or "TG-105" ray gun toys of the early 80's (this piece was also used as the handle of the 'Lassiter laser pistol' from episode 11 of Firefly) hence Adam’s gun has ‘105’ on the handle. I have one in the shed in it’s original box for my own re-creation of Adam’s gun.
I had the gun sourced but couldn't find one available. I did find a knock off under the name "Galactronic gun", thanks to someone from therpf group on Facebook. Ill see how I go and might bite the bullet on it next week .

I wouldn't be surprised if the original toy handle was made by squeezing a balloon filled with bondo. I love the way it looks like it gooshed out between someone's fingers.
Funnily enough I plan on just printing the basic handle shape and filling in all the rest with Bondo for the curves!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back