Adam Savage to return with new Science Channel show

I really liked Mythbusters Jr and had hoped that they would come back with more but with this new show of Adams I doubt it will happen but I'm happy to see Adam back on TV no matter what it is.

The new guy's show only lasted one season. Mythbusters Jr......seems like it was only about half a season.

Can you clarify on "the new guy"? I watched the whole audition thing they did to find a new duo, then I pretty much never saw them again. Was it one of them?

There were two guys who won. They did a season of the "new" Mythbusters. It came and went without much hoopla. I think I watched two or three of them. Wasn't much to it.

Last edited:
I watched Savage Builds on the premier night and I just wasn't that impressed. Yes, it was cool to see the Iron Man suit built in titanium and the learning how to control the turbines to fly, BUT...in my opinion, it was basically a huge commercial for suppliers and colleges. They didn't even go into how or why the Iron Man suit worked or couldn't work in real life. About the only mention of it was "The military has been trying to replicate this idea for years, but so far, not been able to". I'll watch the second one and hopefully I can get into it. If it's just going to be one of those unlimited budget shows to show off, I'll pass.

Very very cool, but not practical, guy could barely walk in it

I’d rather fly with out the armor, still has to be amazing

I liked it but agree that Adam didn't really do much of the building, at least they didn't show it anyway, so I wouldn't really call it a Savage Build. I understand that to build this the way they wanted to most of it had to be 3D printed and there is no way an individual can 3D print in titanium, at least I don't think so.

I loved they they actually shot guns at the parts. Seeing how thin that titanium was, I can't believe it held up to a 45 caliber hit. The explosion was less impressive, just because the rivets act as break points.

The whole show was much better than most "make it real" youtubers who stop at just one real aspect. (Or make Thor's hammer 15 times over to pad out extra videos).

There were plenty of times where Adam looked like a host and not a builder. I am sure he had a say on everything, but obviously couldn't do the whole thing. I do wish they spent a little less time on the "Discovery channel" fluff, and repeated sequences.

I will be watching because it did not turn into another of the modern "science" shows where people show one cool 15 second video, and then show 15 minutes of "experts" just sitting in front of a green screen telling their opinion on something the producer just showed them, or told them to say. All the while with stock footage in the background. (Or the 15 second clip looped for 15 minutes straight).

I loved they they actually shot guns at the parts. Seeing how thin that titanium was, I can't believe it held up to a 45 caliber hit. The explosion was less impressive, just because the rivets act as break points.

Bit of clever sequence rearranging there. They clearly did the gun test after the flight test, no marks on the armor during the flight. Can't risk breaking part of the suit before the flight is filmed.

I enjoyed it very much although a little light on details of the build, probably could have been a 2 episode build. Adam seemed a little subdued during his voice overs, not the usual zeal we are used to but hey....Adam is back building stuff on TV....I'm good. Looking forward to the next episode. If you havent seen it Adam makes a mannequin for the armour on his Tested channel.

Thanks for reminding me. I keep forgetting about it on Friday night as I usually have better things to do and end up watching it On Demand over the weekend. I've been pretty happy with them so for but I was really hoping to see a few old faces in the show but I guess either he didn't want them or they didn't want to be involved.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back