Adam Savage costume - facial hair

Anjewelz

So my family and I are going as Mythbusters for Halloween this year. Hubby as Jamie, 15 mouth old as Buster, dog as JD Nelson and decking out the stroller with "explosives" and blast shield at the handle. I am, of course, dressing up as Adam and am pretty happy with what I've been able to put together.

My biggest hurdle is facial hair (as I'm female I can't exactly grow it). If this was any other year I'd just use make up for the look. This year though I can't settle on how to get facial hair and a mask. Do I glue something to a mask, do I try to wear a mask that looks Adam-y, still use make up too?

Thank you in advance for suggestions and advice.

I approve of this idea! For a comic con thing I did years ago I cut 100 goatees out of some orange fur from the fabric store. A little trimming made them look pretty darned good. A little sticky tape held it on.

Good luck!

Wow! Thanks so much for the ideas! I think I'm pretty set on doing something for facial hair and a mask over it when needed so we can get good pictures.
I appreciate the feedback!

I approve of this idea! For a comic con thing I did years ago I cut 100 goatees out of some orange fur from the fabric store. A little trimming made them look pretty darned good. A little sticky tape held it on.

Good luck!
this look to be great fun, off topic Adam but a company called madelman made 12th scale 2001 figures that would fit with your pod model they are 1970s. still available on ebay they are jointed so you could do stop motion with them.sorry to go off road but didnt know where to contact you as im a computer caveman

Just wanted to show a little of what I did. I know I'm not the craftyist person but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I'll post pictures of the full costume after Halloween if you guys are interested.
20201028_143928.jpg

We had an awesome night and Landen so enjoyed his first Halloween (he had surgery last year so we didn't get to have any Halloween firsts until this year). I'm very happy with how everything turned out. I know the jacket color isn't exactly on point but I bought something to actuary keep me warm and in the dark it was fine Also our cocker Kirra made a fine Sgt. JD Nelson.
20201031_172941.jpg
20201102_070612.jpg
20201102_070813.jpg
20201031_210938.jpg
20201101_165709-1.jpg

Attachments

• 20201031_172941.jpg
    20201031_172941.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 309
  • VideoCapture_20201031-205234.jpg
    VideoCapture_20201031-205234.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 411
Wonderful job and you guys look like you were having fun (which is the most important part).

We did have fun! Making the whole thing and Halloween night.
It was our first Halloween we got to go out as my son had his second heart surgery last October and we were unable to take him anywhere for his first Halloween.

Thank you for all the lovely comments from everyone!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back