actually use your Mjolnirs?? Posts #35,37

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Here is a piece I have just completed-- This is solid granite with all the text deeply engraved into the piece. The Knotworks stands proud too and is raised as well. I have colored behind it and into the test so it stands out otherwise you really cant see it that well.

I am not certain about what type of handle that i want on this one-- I could do my stacked leather and metal one http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxIBliRSRn0-- but I think that this commands something else.
I am here for ideas from everyone!! One friend suggested engraved bronze--

anyway, here are the pics of the head. This is 8.5 x 5.5 x 5 also in size.

Ok--let hear it!!!

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Solid Granite Mjolnir-- need suggestions for Handle

no suggestions about a handle, just wanted to say this looks fantastic, how much does this beast weigh in at? great work

The weight of it is the primary factor. Also, did they just give you a hole to put the handle through or is there some sort of securing or attach inside it?

Attaching the handle is not a problem at all-- have that dialed in already. Just want to create a handle that accents this piece of stone.

Here are some new pics of this piece with a possible handle selection-- Not the one I am going to use but will enhance it-
DSC06745.jpg

DSC06744.jpg

DSC06743.jpg

DSC06742.jpg

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06740.jpg

DSC06739.jpg

DSC06746.jpg

Holy carps! That's uncanny!

Guess I have to be the one to say it....
ONLY Thor himself could lift this solid piece of Granite!!!
EXCELLENT JOB!!!
Ed

It's hard to judge the color by the pictures, but if the stone has the same hint of green the first few pictures seem to give it, I think it'd look really good with a haft of polished osage orange wood with rings burned in to match the black on the hammerhead. It would be a lot more work, but you could emulate the movie design in stacked orangewood with brass spacers, perhaps with a knot design etched around the spacers that calls back to the designs on the head.

Re: Solid Granite Mjolnir-- New one added!!!! BLACK GRANITE

That black granite one is GOR-GE-OUS!
I imagine you'd have to be a Nordic god to be able lift these solid blocks....wait, someone already made that joke...:behave

Re: Solid Granite Mjolnir-- New one added!!!! BLACK GRANITE

This one is probably going to have a solid bronze decorative handle wrapped somewhat with black leather or maybe black stingray skin. We shall see. Im,going to be workjng on the handle,in the next week or so.
Thanks for looking all and Happy and Safe New Years.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back