actual TRON light cycles $35k

nwjedidave

Sr Member
If you do some searching you'll find them. Only going to build five of 'em.

I'm not associated with the seller/auction. This appears to be a licensed product.

A friend of mine forwarded me this link to the ebay auction. Something seems very off about all of this.

The studio that is selling these replicas got a pretty angry note from WB a while back about producing and selling an unlicensed batpod from The Dark Knight.

In this auction, they're asking for the $35k up front, with no images of their product except for studio released stills. Forget process pics, a shot of a frame or maybe the body mold - they aren't even showing a blueprint or anything they've personally built except for the batpod.

Also, they're saying it will come with your choice of electric or gasoline power, which makes me double suspicious considering the extensive frame modifications that would be needed in order to completely change the powerplant of a motorcycle like that.

I'm not saying this is a scam, but there's an awful lot of weird loose ends if you start researching these things extensively.

Also, they're saying it will come with your choice of electric or gasoline power, which makes me double suspicious considering the extensive frame modifications that would be needed in order to completely change the powerplant of a motorcycle like that.

That was the first thing that came to my mind. Words right outta my mouth.

Yeah, I felt it was a bit too rash of them to start an auction on these, without any physical progress on it.
Granted the Batpod didn't look all that bad, but for that kind of cash, I'd want something solid to go by, not a promo Disney made display prop.

Important%20Street-Legal%20Tron%20Lightcycles%20Are%20Up%20For%20Auction.jpg

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/06/35000-gets-you.php

The prop alone probably cost close to 35K. An actual working, street legal, custom build, limited edition bike, with that much custom work involved,.. for only 35K?

You know, there's still one major thing that makes me wonder about this being a real bike , are the wheels.
There is a lot if fiberglass around that area, and not enough exposure of actual tire rubber. If someone takes this thing out onto the street, makes any kinda of turn, you are going to scrape the hell out of the underside area. So there is no way they are going to get that area of the bike to look like that prop.

35k you have got to be kidding me. If they are legit there is no way they could produce a tron cycle for 35k, unless it was crappy and really poor quality.

Yeah, my mind's a complete blank on that. At first I was thinking maybe you could mount the front wheel housing on shaft so it could rotate to break the plane enough to enter a lean. But with the front wheel as fat as it is, I'm not sure how plausible that is. :confused

Looking at this further it could be done, but $35,000 is a starting price. The website for the company is down though, probably got too much traffic.

The Fact that the Seller has Zero feedback and this is not even for a completed item, I'm a bit skeptical, it could take them years to complete it, and with this economy who knows... they could even go out of business before completion!

I'd want to see a completed, working one first, before even considering buying one.

Either way it would be a very cool Cycle to own!!

Complete agreement there. It's one thing to put a down payment on something to a business that's been around a while. This seems more like investing and hoping for a payoff. Still, I'd love to have that bike.

The prop alone probably cost close to 35K. An actual working, street legal, custom build, limited edition bike, with that much custom work involved,.. for only 35K?

a road legal light cycle can now be seen on you tube, made by an american chopper company....

looks ok, but drives like crap.... lol....

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back