Actual Lasers

Preds

Alright.. well... after much speculation.... (i am very good with electronics and all. / computer science major. < -- ) I have been up alota night thinking of cool ways to improve the predator effect while in costume. woot woot. So, currently my project is upon Lasers. i dont mean LEDS, i mean lasers. i have a few red diodes with mini modules layin around that i scrapped from HD disk drives. i also made a mini Laser Driver Chip. (small enough to fit in Bio Tri laser hole)

3 x Red Diode Lasers at 500nm / 650mw

^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^

just letting everyone know, who doesnt know what those numbers mean,

NM = Nano Meter (AKA wave length) higher these two numbers are.. obviously the better. .....stronger.
MW = Miliwatt (Power of laser)

Military use these on some guns for precision and what not. Lads use them for other means as well.. i wana use them for Badassness ill show a picture of what they look liek at bottom... buttttttt. before i do so. im gona say what i said the Topic description above lol.

Alright.... since these arent LEDS, they project the laser to the target.. aka laser pointer... just alittle stronger.. well lol more stronger.. these lasers will litterally burn surfaces, wood, plastic, clothes, rubber, anything... people. However... Depnding on the distance they are from the target determines the strength of the burning power. Yea.. they can brun at long distances. but really id have to try to burn the person lol, like look at him in one spot for like 10 seconds. now if they got in my face lol they would have a prob. but i dont forsee this happenin.

they just looooook Soooooo coooool. The good thing about them is that they keep the partical stream unlike the other lasers that just show the dots. There are lower nm and mw diodes but i jsut wana try these out cause the NM is sick as hell. i can point it for like hundreds of feet. lol im not tryin to kill anyone. picture Below.. leme know what yall think.. i wouldnt obviously go in a big crowed with these. id downgrade the MW and NM if that happened.

800px-Green-lased_palm_tree_crop.jpg.gif

it most likely unwise to have high powered lasers on a mask. if there is a chance you could burn something then logic would tell you, not a good idea.
there a plenty of lower powered lasers that will give the effect you want without burning people up.

ya im testing the range of the power of it, if its too short im not goin to use them. other than that, i can get other ones. just havin to buy the $40 diode and moduals and all are a hassel. would really love to use what i already have. but if its too powerful o well. i could just use them on a different mask for in home security, burn a few burglers or somethin.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back