Acrylic eyes for latex masks?

wholesomejoe

I've sculpted a mask, and I didn't use eye spheres. I just sculpted the eyes with clay. I do however want to replace the eyes in the mask with acrylic eyeballs, and wanted to know how one measures the eyes to know what size to get, and also, is it just a matter of cutting out the socket and glueing them in or is there some other process?

I've only done that with resin cast busts, my Iron Man/Tony Stark looked great with 24 mm eyes but my Jack Sparrow needed only 22 mm eyes. It's individual to the specific face.

I understand that, but is there any way to measure the size of the eyes on the sculpt itself and then use that to determine which size eye to purchase?

Roll a clay ball until it's the size you want, and then do your best to measure it.

If you want to be extra certain before buying eyes, buy an acrylic sphere in the size you've measured from somewhere (I buy from US Plastics) and make sure it fits. If it does, that is the size eye to buy.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back