Accurized Medkit Update

carlart

Well, since my sails are finally filled with wind, I decided to keep on creatin'. Yes, I owe some bones to folks out there, but I was kinda psyched about getting the medkit done so I decided to keep on ridin' the wave. I'll get back to the bones next week---promise

The trays are made of styrene. That door raised pattern was a real bitch!

I re-posted in some earlier photos of the tools I made up (over a year ago - Jeesh!)
I will be casting these, as well as remolding a couple I didn't do so hot on----I can almost hear Scott even now....

As for the innards, they will be vacforms - just like the movie. I am having those made by the 3D prototype machine at work, hopefully done by the weekend. (last photo)
After that, all that's left is molding this sucker. But, that will be put on hold, until after the rest of the backpack is sculpted. I needed to finish the medkit so I can place it back into the sculpt to be sure that it fits right, especially the louvered piece that sits on top of it.
MedkitClosed.jpg.gif

Open-Carrier.jpg.gif

Proto1.jpg.gif

Proto2.jpg.gif

Medkit_Tools.jpg.gif

VacTool1.jpg.gif

MedkitClosed.jpg.gif

Open-Carrier.jpg.gif

Proto1.jpg.gif

Proto2.jpg.gif

Medkit_Tools.jpg.gif

VacTool1.jpg.gif

Sweet stuff Carl...you knocked it out of the park yet again! Looking forward to seeing more as it happens.

Looks nice, though the panels on the side are a little too high I think. They look to be about a few millimeters, while one mill would be enough to give it edge.

I love the look though, and look forward for further progress!

(Carl, lets bury that hatchet )

Also, just noticed: nice attention to detail with that piston-piece on the top part, but I think yours is off: it looks to be attached to the lid that folds aside, just to catch it in it's fall, sorta like suspension.
I'll do a paintover to be more specific if needed

Looks nice, though the panels on the side are a little too high I think. They look to be about a few millimeters, while one mill would be enough to give it edge.

I love the look though, and look forward for further progress!

(Carl, lets bury that hatchet )

Also, just noticed: nice attention to detail with that piston-piece on the top part, but I think yours is off: it looks to be attached to the lid that folds aside, just to catch it in it's fall, sorta like suspension.
I'll do a paintover to be more specific if needed

Thanks. BTW, the piston is not attached to the door.

Yup Carl's not sleeping alright. did he say "I am having those made by the 3D prototype machine at work" ?!?!?!? something like a 3D printer?

I would never quit this job !

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back