Accurate MCU Mjolnir dimensions

Valor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll cut to the chase: How big is the screen-used MCU Mjolnir. I suspect the replicas in market are all a bit small.

I'm trying to determine some accurate dimensions for the screen-used Mjolnirs seen in the MCU. Specifically Dark World forward into the Avengers films.

I realize there were likely variances between hero and stunt as well as film to film ... But the variance I'm seeing across the couple screen-used hammers and well as all the licensed replicas claiming to be screen-accurate is staggering. Below a snapshot of what I've found.

216mm x 133mm x 127mm … Thor, Screen used, from auction
230mm x 152mm x 152mm
Thor, Screen-used Stunt from auction
215mm x 140mm x 140mm … Museum Replicas
218mm x 133mm x 133mm … Lager Toys
220mm x 135mm x 135mm … Armor Factory
220mm x 145mm x 145mm … Gmasking Replica
232mm x 140mm x 140mm … EFX
252mm x 150mm x 150mm … Unknown Replica

Does anyone have confirmed dimensions? Or a point of view on how the size has varied film to film?

i have all three licensed replicas: MR, EFX and King Arts

the MR is based on the original Thor hammer which was actually really small compared to the current design.

the EFX one is based on the design from the Avengers, slightly smaller than the King Arts but bigger than the Museum Replicas.

from what i can tell, the King Arts and Marvel Legends are the correct dimensions for the current design. All the other replicas are off in one way or another.

i will take some measurements of the King Arts one when I can and let you know.

here is a quick pic of all these

CORRECTION: The dimensions of the EFX head is the closest to the hero ones made for the productions.

PXL_20210414_172205993.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you SO much for your help. I'm particularly interest in the "current design" ... It's biggest and I love the pommel design.

absolutely... then your best bet is the King Arts Mjolnir... most notable reasons are:

- most accurate chevron shapes
- correct dimensions
- made out of metal
- most accurate inner stitching details on the strap
- based on the latest design (but im presuming Love and Thunder will change this..)

AH right haha ok then yes, you can easily reference either the KA or Marvel Legends one.

So, I've been scouring the web to try to get my arms around a potentially legit size.
I've also been trying to find justification for a LARGER Mjolnir than many of the licensed products I've seen. King Arts seem to be just that. Plus I just like the round numbers of King Arts!

King Arts: 250mm x 150mm x 150mm x 500mm
38mm at the metal and 36mm at the leather.

I've been sorting out the details of the handle and designing the Pommel with the runes almost killed me. I'm now working through how to produce this. My thoughts so far:
  • Resin print the one of the two "heads" with the runes, Then mold and cast in solid resin.
  • FDM print the main body. 1/2" outer walls with space inside for weight if I need it. 1" aluminum pipe slots in through a hole.
  • Resin print the handle, either in 2-3 portions that slide over the 1" aluminum pipe, The leather would be a thin surface attachment. OR, make it as individual pieces (leather, ring, leather, ring) all the handle. Not sure yet,

Getting there for sure.
    Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.19.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.19.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 9.19.39 PM.png

So, I've been scouring the web to try to get my arms around a potentially legit size.
I've also been trying to find justification for a LARGER Mjolnir than many of the licensed products I've seen. King Arts seem to be just that. Plus I just like the round numbers of King Arts!

King Arts: 250mm x 150mm x 150mm x 500mm
38mm at the metal and 36mm at the leather.

I've been sorting out the details of the handle and designing the Pommel with the runes almost killed me. I'm now working through how to produce this. My thoughts so far:
  • Resin print the one of the two "heads" with the runes, Then mold and cast in solid resin.
  • FDM print the main body. 1/2" outer walls with space inside for weight if I need it. 1" aluminum pipe slots in through a hole.
  • Resin print the handle, either in 2-3 portions that slide over the 1" aluminum pipe, The leather would be a thin surface attachment. OR, make it as individual pieces (leather, ring, leather, ring) all the handle. Not sure yet,

Getting there for sure.
    View attachment 1449294View attachment 1449295View attachment 1449296
Love it! Will you be making a run of these? Let me know if you need any other dimensions on the KA I just received mine and I still have to put it together so easy to measure.

Love it! Will you be making a run of these? Let me know if you need any other dimensions on the KA I just received mine and I still have to put it together so easy to measure.
Could you confirm the dimensions I posted?

And no real plans on a run. Making one or two for now.

I have the handle at 35cm length, the hammer head is 14.3cm and the disc is 7mm so that's 50cm total length. The head is 24cm wide and 14.3cm deep. Handle diameter is 32.5mm to 33mm (not exactly round) and the chevrons 34.5mm to 35mm. Let me know if you need other dimensions.

I have the handle at 35cm length, the hammer head is 14.3cm and the disc is 7mm so that's 50cm total length. The head is 24cm wide and 14.3cm deep. Handle diameter is 32.5mm to 33mm (not exactly round) and the chevrons 34.5mm to 35mm. Let me know if you need other dimensions.
Thank you! Very interesting. Smaller than what I was told which was hammerhead 150mm x 150mm x 250mm

Thank you! Very interesting. Smaller than what I was told which was hammerhead 150mm x 150mm x 250mm
It's a little tricky to measure with the angles of on the hammer head but remeasured it tonight in a different way and still getting 24cm.

So, yeah. This is going to be big. I traded up my Elegoo Mars for the larger Elegoo Saturn so I can print the "head" of the hammer in a couple pieces. Sitting next to my existing Mjolnir this thing looks like a proper Hammer of the Gods.

Attachments

• 58E040B2-16DF-422A-B0D0-4397C4115B7C.jpg
    58E040B2-16DF-422A-B0D0-4397C4115B7C.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 523
  • 66814484-26B6-4C9B-9610-F96A1591B979.jpg
    66814484-26B6-4C9B-9610-F96A1591B979.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 364
  • afP+LCTJTNibnpDEpTzHdQ.jpg
    afP+LCTJTNibnpDEpTzHdQ.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 506
  • ql7bBXgVSt+ZhTwZkchX0A.jpg
    ql7bBXgVSt+ZhTwZkchX0A.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 515
  • ShBCaZeWQimf%dRhmvwKqA.jpg
    ShBCaZeWQimf%dRhmvwKqA.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 278
So I just found out some new information on the screen accurate size of the head of the hammer.

It turns out the EFX head dimensions are the closest to the screen used ones while the KA handle has the right dimensions and details.

The KA head is 0.5 cm too long and 0.3 cm too wide and tall.

the EFX dimensions are:

head length 23.5cm
head width 14 cm
head height 14 cm

So I just found out some new information on the screen accurate size of the head of the hammer.

It turns out the EFX head dimensions are the closest to the screen used ones while the KA handle has the right dimensions and details.

The KA head is 0.5 cm too long and 0.3 cm too wide and tall.

the EFX dimensions are:

head length 23.5cm
head width 14 cm
head height 14 cm
Interesting. Can I ask the source of this info?

Thank you. A good bit of data. Do you know what film it was from? Seems like the hammer changed dimensions from film to film.

If I'm doing the math correct we're placing Mjolnir at:

Head: 235mm x 140mm x 140mm
Handle: 350mm long, 33mm diameter leather, 35mm diameter rings

Last edited:
Not entirely sure no... But I can also confirm that another collector I know has another screen used hero one and the dimensions are the same so I think we confidently say the hero one's are these measurements.

Head should be 235mm x 140 mm x 140mm?

And those handle dimensions look good.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back