Accurate MCU Mjolnir dimensions

Loneken

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Definitely a different version than the ones we've seen so far..

robotprops is there anything you can tell us about it without breaking your NDA? If it's from a recent production maybe?
Also, interesting that the inscription on that endplate is different from other screen-used props. The one one the left (which I based my replicas on) reads "HE WHO WIELDS THIS HAMMER COMMANDS THE LIGHTNING AND THE STORM". The one on the right has the more comic book accurate "WHOEVER SO WEILDS THIS HAMMER IF HE BE WORTH SHALL POSSESS THE POWER OF THOR"

View attachment 1584031

robotprops

I think I'm safe in saying that it was supplied by Marvel for a commercial that coincides with an upcoming movie.
I was told they have "many" Mjolnirs, which makes sense.
Looking at the quality of this build, I would guess it's one of the stunt heroes. But I can't say for sure. Its very nicely made and great to wield.
I was also lucky enough to handle a Stormbreaker.

Attachments

• IMG_1151.PNG
    IMG_1151.PNG
    4.2 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:

robotprops

Alright, here she is. Actually, I made two. One to scale, and one slightly larger.

The final paint job stressed me out like nothing has for a while. After sealing the Alclad Chrome with Alclad gloss coat I airbrushed some subtle black acrylic to a face of the hammer. Then while the paint was still wet I mister the surface with Windex. This activates the paint and creates interseting patterns. I've done this before with Rubbing Alcohol too, but the alcohol affects the Alclad gloss.

Overall I'm really happy with the result. The Alclad Chrome is overall darker than I was expecting. But it does seem accurate to the movie.

Below are pics of both of the new Mjolnirs I just completed, alongside my original Mjolnir from "back in the day"

View attachment 1461327
Stunning work!
If you do a kit run, I'm in for one.

Last edited:

Loneken

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I think I'm safe in saying that it was supplied by Marvel for a commercial that coincides with an upcoming movie.
Looking at the quality of this build, I would guess it's one of the stunt heroes. But I can't say for sure. Its very nicely made and great to wield.
Amazing! Thank you!

Thefaz13

Fantastic!! Do you have more photos?

Thefaz13

No I don’t, sorry. I don’t know why but I never thought to get more pictures of Stormbreaker.
No worries! This photo still works great, thanks for sharing! I was looking to compare the real prop to the paintjob on mine (shown below)

Attachments

• 0DE698C0-A617-44AF-BF5E-624D9B988E4C.jpeg
    0DE698C0-A617-44AF-BF5E-624D9B988E4C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 36

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.