Done / Completed Accurate BTTF Marty McFly Denim Guess Jacket

TheNickFox

Sr Member
I recently was fortunate enough to obtain the same style of jacket used by the production of Back to the Future in the wrong color, which you can see here:

0304FCAD-9E92-47D3-A2E2-9D607EED0B57.jpeg

I’ve already meticulously measured this to create a 1-to-1 pattern and am in talks with a cut and sew shop to both grade the pattern from XS-XXL as well as to make some small number of these in the proper colors.

There are features of this jacket that have just never been matched before in a replica and I want to fix that once and for all.

The pricing is highly dependent on how many people are interested, but we’d be looking in the $500-750 range most likely due to the small run nature of this.

If interested, let me know your size as that will help prioritize the development of other pattern grades.

Interest list:

1) Me!
2) Zaneydevlin (IG)
3) DylanPrescott_ (IG)
4) Thosemortalmen
5)
6)

Last edited:
I agree, produce a prototype for yourself first and it will generate much more interest, a photo is worth a thousand words as they say. There definitely isn't enough options for quality replicas of this jacket out there, and like you say none of them are quite 100% accurate either so I would certainly be interested to see what you come up with!

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but a prototype jacket, or at the very least a material sample, would go a long way towards drumming up interest.
Totally agree, which is why I’m not asking for money until I have that in hand. There are fees I have to front just to explore this with the shop so I’m seeing if it’s possibly worth it. But I don’t expect anyone to trust something sight unseen.

Just looking for a little market research before I end up spending a huge sum on a single jacket. Lol

I think I have that now.

The shop and I are going to start grading the pattern next week. I’m taking calipers to mine to make this thing as exacting as possible.

Last edited:
In the midst of NYCC con crunch at the moment, but I’m working with the shop that would produce these on grading the pattern and have acquired a second vintage guess product in the proper colors to aid in material sourcing.

In the midst of NYCC con crunch at the moment, but I’m working with the shop that would produce these on grading the pattern and have acquired a second vintage guess product in the proper colors to aid in material sourcing.
The correct materials are the hardest thing about this jacket. It’s a very unique color for the greyish blue parts of the jacket that I don’t think I’ve seen on any other brand except for Guess.

The correct materials are the hardest thing about this jacket. It’s a very unique color for the greyish blue parts of the jacket that I don’t think I’ve seen on any other brand except for Guess.
Yeah. I was originally going to let them try to nail it on their own based on pictures but found a Guess vest that wasn’t too expensive so I figured even if they destroy it in order to swatch it, it was a small price to pay.

So once the grading is done, I’m going to mail them this vest so they can start their sourcing.

I’ll be using my existing paisley and making a new celebrity lining myself.

I will be following this thread with great interest. Here's to hoping the shop can produce it, and source fabric close to the original Guess denim.

It seems OP may have lost interest in this project. I’ve tried to contact him over the past few weeks and have gotten no reply. Haven’t even been added to the interest list.

It seems OP may have lost interest in this project. I’ve tried to contact him over the past few weeks and have gotten no reply. Haven’t even been added to the interest list.
Nick's very frequently active on his socials, and he was focusing on NYCC not too long ago, with other costumes talking priority.

On Nick's (OP) original video on the jacket from TikTok, Guess seemed to of gained interest in the project and actually replied to the video saying "Back To The Future #2022". Does this mean anything? Who knows, but considering Guess has never really directly acknowledged to jacket like this, it's nice to think something might happen.

So, currently he has got everyone to mention Guess to increase interest and the chances of a genuine Guess recreation of the jacket to happen, and is also open to the possibility of working with Guess to get the jacket just right.

www.tiktok.com/@itsnickfox/video/7154814089003371818

Last edited:
Nick's very frequently active on his socials, and he was focusing on NYCC not too long ago, with other costumes talking priority.

On Nick's (OP) original video on the jacket from TikTok, Guess seemed to of gained interest in the project and actually replied to the video saying "Back To The Future #2022". Does this mean anything? Who knows, but considering Guess has never really directly acknowledged to jacket like this, it's nice to think something might happen.

So, currently he has got everyone to mention Guess to increase interest and the chances of a genuine Guess recreation of the jacket to happen, and is also open to the possibility of working with Guess to get the jacket just right.
Ah ok. That’s really cool to hear. It would be a dream come true if they were to actually recreate it. I’d buy several lol

That's extremely exciting to hear, I'm baffled why Guess hasn't already done a re-release of McFly's Jacket, and his 1050 style Jeans for that matter!
Nike was smart enough to re-release his 'Bruin' shoes in 2015. I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing but it really would be incredible to have an official reproduction of the jacket! It's actually really nice just to see Guess finally acknowledge this jacket's existence in some capacity.
Let's hope they make it happen!
GO HERE and tag @Guess in the comments of Nick's TikTok; www.tiktok.com/@itsnickfox/video/7154814089003371818

Last edited:
I know I’ll sound like a downer but I don’t see how OP will be able to do any better than those who have already tried. I’m sure others have had jackets just like him to base their work on.

I just don’t see this run actually happening.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back