Abominable Dr. Phibes, The

Conqueror_Worm

I was watching "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" the other night and this poster caught my eye-
vlcsnap-2011-10-17-22h21m53s192.png

I have attached my replica. The fonts aren't perfect and I think the spacing is a little wonky but its pretty close. I also had to guess at the admission price for the back seats. If anyone is familiar with the format British currency is written in, could you check to make sure I wrote it correctly? I based it on other flyers from the Royal Albert Theatre so I think its correct.

Reference pics-
Doctor Phibes pictures by The_Conqueror_Worm - Photobucket

Oh, what a surprize to find THIS!! I LOVED the Dr. Phibes movies and Vincent Price is one of my all-time favorite actors. Thanks so much for doing this and posting it.

I have attached a copy to this post that is scaled to be printed on legal sized (8.5x14) paper. I'm not sure if its the right size (I don't currently have any legal paper to compare it to) but I think its about as close as I can get with my printer.

I finally got some legal sized paper to print this on. It looks great! I think this was the size used in the film.
6335396636_c303101572_b.jpg
I baked the poster on a cookie sheet at 350 F for 10-15 min to yellow it. I also creased it like the original.
The baking faded the red text a little, so I brightened the color and printed another one (the one shown in the above photo). I have attached the updated file to this post.

My family was all sitting about talking about Vincent Price just last week and we eventually touched on the subject of Phibes. My whole family loves Doctor Phibes.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back