Abominable Dr. Phibes, The

Discussion in 'Free Replica Paper Props' started by Conqueror_Worm, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Conqueror_Worm

Conqueror_Worm Well-Known Member

I was watching "The Abominable Dr. Phibes" the other night and this poster caught my eye-
    [​IMG]

I have attached my replica. The fonts aren't perfect and I think the spacing is a little wonky but its pretty close. I also had to guess at the admission price for the back seats. If anyone is familiar with the format British currency is written in, could you check to make sure I wrote it correctly? I based it on other flyers from the Royal Albert Theatre so I think its correct.

Reference pics-
    Doctor Phibes pictures by The_Conqueror_Worm - Photobucket

2. starfighter66

starfighter66 Well-Known Member

This is great, not many people these days probably have even seen this movie. What size would you print this up?

3. PotionMistress

PotionMistress Sr Member

Oh, what a surprize to find THIS!! I LOVED the Dr. Phibes movies and Vincent Price is one of my all-time favorite actors. Thanks so much for doing this and posting it.

4. Conqueror_Worm

I have attached a copy to this post that is scaled to be printed on legal sized (8.5x14) paper. I'm not sure if its the right size (I don't currently have any legal paper to compare it to) but I think its about as close as I can get with my printer.

5. Conqueror_Worm

I finally got some legal sized paper to print this on. It looks great! I think this was the size used in the film.
    [​IMG]
    I baked the poster on a cookie sheet at 350 F for 10-15 min to yellow it. I also creased it like the original.
    The baking faded the red text a little, so I brightened the color and printed another one (the one shown in the above photo). I have attached the updated file to this post.

6. Laffo

Laffo Sr Member

Awesome. Thanks for this. I have Phibes painted on the back of my Drive In Theatre's Snack Bar.
    Laffo.

7. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

This is awesome. I watch both of the movies any time i can.

8. Patron Zero

Patron Zero Member

A very nice memento from an often-overlooked gem of a film, thanks for sharing !

9. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

My family was all sitting about talking about Vincent Price just last week and we eventually touched on the subject of Phibes. My whole family loves Doctor Phibes.

10. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

You can't go wrong with the Phibes movies, just the ways he kills folks are amusing.

11. micdavis

micdavis Master Member

Excellent job.

Pretty sure the Dr. Phibes movies were the first horror movies I ever saw on my own.

12. SonofJoker

SonofJoker Active Member

Those were some great movies! Awesome job on the poster!