ABC Warrior kit rework (GA)

EIDesignStudio

I got on board with a build with a friend who wanted to build a whole abc warrior from scratch and make it move and such. I did the research and came across a company called Golden Armory. I don't know much about the company or who runs it. I sent my buddy the link to the place and told him this will save me some time since the head is to scale and I needed one to base my mechs for.

I got the product fast 2 weeks or less. The packing could have been a little bit better since it is a plaster cast and was sent USPS. I will break down each part as I get to it in the kit. I have alot of large scale before pictures so you can see from start to finish. These casts are extremely rough. With the looking around I have done this is not a pure replica of the movie one. No biggy the side plates are totally off from the movie. So I will drop a link to my Photobucket so you can see how it came..

Link

My first piece I will be working with is the lower jaw. I have spend about hour sanding threw some cheap laq. primer. I used the primer as a guide coat so I can see how true it was lets say it's not. :confused I wonder how many recasts were made off each version the details are lost and alot of the seams will have to be remade and built out like the part where it made to look like 2 parts the seam line is barley there and just about flush. I have found alot of pin holes some were so deep I will have to rebuild the bottom surface of the jaw the edges are all broken and large hollow spots.

Last edited:
Chris and Golden armor are well known here for recasting and putting out crap.

Thanks for letting me know. The price of the kit vs the quality is :thumbsdown. I will say that it is NOT movie correct. I will end up retooling it to make it match. I wonder if he had the org mold or casted off of one. I got some pm's asking me if i would sell them when I'm finished but I don't want to be labeled as a Recaster. I know there is a thin line on what counts as that.. I have contacted the person who designed the org one and waiting on a reply to see what he says. I figure if I get it in writing I'm good to go.

Looking forward on seeing your progress on this.

Looks like you have your work cut out for you

I will say that it is NOT movie correct. I will end up retooling it to make it match. I wonder if he had the org mold or casted off of one.

Hey Kustom what have you noticed that isnt movie accurate? I'm aware the temple details are not accurate but my understanding is that that head you are working from would be a second generation cast....so that's a master cast from the original moulds, re-worked slightly and then cast again :)

Hey Kustom what have you noticed that isnt movie accurate? I'm aware the temple details are not accurate but my understanding is that that head you are working from would be a second generation cast....so that's a master cast from the original moulds, re-worked slightly and then cast again :)

:lol reworked I called it fubared . I'm building out the jaw now to specs just waiting on the filler to cure it will be the third wipe on this. I have taken photos of every step I will wait to post them till the block is done.

Well I was able to make some headway with the lower jaw between jobs and my lil one nappin. The lower jaw was a mess alot low spots and voids that I had to clean out. I did some light filler work on the jaw bottom and then I made a shelf to I can set the depth of the over hang I wanted. I tried to make it not as deep but I did not like the look of it. so i made it about 1/8th give or take. I felt if it was made to look like 2 pieces I wanted it so show for sure.

The cut out on the front was just about sanded away so I have to take some clay and sculpt a new look. in the pictures below I have not trimmed the lip yet so it still looks rough. I am also re doing all the lines in the head when waiting on the bondo to dry. Enjoy please post any comments you might have good or bad.

So faron this one Im putting a lot of time in on it to make it correct. I've been jumping around on the project with the head vs the jaw. Taking photo of everything I've done with it.I will post them later so i can keep a order to things. Like I've said in the past I trying to buy the right from the designer so maybe make these with his permission of the org. style he had from the movie.last 2 day I've spent re cutting the lines in the skull part since they were shallow. smoothing the inside of the eyes so the lens will fit better. I will end up making new parts for it as far as the rods go and remake some of the pistons for it. I noticed on the one listed for sale on the propstore the front have a moving piston style not just a hole with a rod jammed in it. it's taking me longer to to get thigs right but I believe in Fit and finish VS a quick buck. I ordered the model kit for the whole body and will make up the blue prints on it as well. Well back to the grind

oh man its looking like a massive mission! I am grateful to you for doing all the measuring up and templating of the beast but I think I am definitely going to scratch build one :)

Good luck and keep going!

Here is a teaser of it. I smoothed the eyes cavity and re did the lines on the skull.. jaw is almost done. My son did some work on the mounting base sanding it and making it correct.

Not to derail you, but who's in the cage back there? Chinchilla, ferret, rabbit, guinea pig...? :)
Ferret named Turbo we had 2 we lost one last week. she was 8 years old. since you good at finding things if you look in the room with the lights off on the top of the desk you will see my Blade replica from puppet master.

You should swap PM's with Flagg: he's a ferret freak :). My B-I-L used to have them; couldn't take the emotional trauma when he lost one.

Sorry for the derail. That build is looking great! I'm keeping an eye on this thread; going to do an ABC head one day. BTW, is that GA kit pre- or post retooling?

The Jaw is about finished. the head will need alot of work. all i got to do on the head so far is resculpt the the lines and clean the eyes out. All the lil red dot are high spots or flaws in it most of the head clean up will be on the back and the underside of it. like i said it's not bad but the maker should have taking the time to make a better product before listing it for sale.

Here you go here is a better layout of the idea I have for the blueprint. I have not added much to it since I'm still working on the parts, But I like to get a jump on things.:cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back