Abbyshot's Rocketeer Jacket (pic heavy)

evanthx

Abbyshot has been working on a Rocketeer jacket, and I just got two of them in the mail today. We're taking pictures of it for their site, but I was really impressed with it and had to share. They are doing the jacket in black as well, and it's GORGEOUS. Though the pictures so far don't do the black jacket justice, so we're taking more tomorrow. But ... check this OUT.

redrocket1.JPG

redrocket2.JPG

redrocket3.JPG

redrocket4.JPG

redrocket5.JPG

redrocket6.JPG

redrocket7.JPG

blackrocket1.JPG

blackrocket2.JPG

blackrocket3.JPG

blackrocket4.JPG

I forgot to mention...behind the flap in these shots you can see an eyelet. That was on the patterns Abbyshot got so they included it. I suggested the eyelet not be in the jacket, so all future ones will have it left out. They said they could even see it in some shots in the movie, so I'm REALLY curious to go see if I can find it.

Either way, I figured I'd mention that. :)

Originally posted by rad1701@Apr 10 2006, 12:54 PM
Nice.  Just get a helmet and a Rocket Pack and you're all set for takeoff.
[snapback]1223602[/snapback]​

Oh, THAT photoshoot is coming.
http://www.evan.org/jetpack/

We're thinking of driving down to an Air Force museum that's a few hours away and doing it in front of some of the old planes they have there...

Originally posted by The Mantis@Apr 10 2006, 12:53 PM
Looks phenomenal....and you even look the part.  I had to do a double take.

Is it a heavy weight jacket?  Restricted movement?
[snapback]1223601[/snapback]​

Thanks. :)

It's a warm, lined jacket, but I found movement to be very free. I could raise my arms and twist without any problems. It was pretty flexible.

And GORGEOUS. Oh man am I in love with the black one especially...I just wasn't expecting to like it that much. So I'm peeved that I didn't capture that in the pictures. Gotta do better tonight. More pictures soon.

Originally posted by Talisen@Apr 10 2006, 01:59 PM
Evan,

Are these the super accurate versions or the "cause it looks cool" ones they are gonna make?
[snapback]1223624[/snapback]​

These are the accurate ones. As far as I can tell they are spot-on.

They ARE making a "cause it looks cool" one, though, that I think will also come out this week or next. It's basically a very simplified version - none of the buckles and I think the front patch snaps in place instead of buttons. It still looks great, but it's meant to be a less expensive option if you just want a cool jacket instead of the Rocketeer jacket.

I got more pictures. Yay. Adam came out with his motorcycle so we tried to look like we were cool bikers and not nerds in the slightest. Unfortunately my only jeans were either torn to hell and covered in paint and JB weld, or brand new. So I just look like a nerd trying to look like a biker. In other words, a highly accurate portrayal of me ensued.

Most of these pictures are of Adam, though - as we wanted more of the black jacket. It really sucked up the light, we need to either lighten these digitally or else get some more and try for more light - although this was a pretty sunny day, so I'm surprised. Anyone have advice on photographing black leather?

blackrocket5.JPG

blackrocket6.JPG

blackrocket7.JPG

blackrocket8.JPG

blackrocket9.JPG

blackrocket10.JPG

both1.JPG

both2.JPG

Looks great..
One question, why are there vents behind the bib, or are they just extra pockets?

Maybe they can make the wolverine jacket :D

Originally posted by TD5422@Apr 11 2006, 02:00 PM
Looks great..
One question, why are there vents behind the bib, or are they just extra pockets?

Maybe they can make the wolverine jacket  :D
[snapback]1224308[/snapback]​

Those are pockets. They were in the original coat. I think their simplified coat doesn't have them, though.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back