AbbyShot's Captain Jack Harkness Coat

Hi! I ordered 19 mm buttons for the coat and 14 mm for the cuffs. Please tell me I did not make a mistake on sizing. Size for buttons recommendations please. I can not find anyone who sells KIng's Crown Brass buttons over 24 mm. Please advise!!!

Hi! I ordered 19 mm buttons for the coat and 14 mm for the cuffs. Please tell me I did not make a mistake on sizing. Size for buttons recommendations please. I can not find anyone who sells KIng's Crown Brass buttons over 24 mm. Please advise!!!

After going through my purchase history on eBay, looks like I bought 23/24mm and 17/18mm buttons. I believe the 14mm buttons are too small, and intended for use on the RAF side cap.

Finding a supplier is tough. I had to cobble together enough buttons for the coat from more than one source. Keep an eye to eBay and eBay.co.uk...they do pop up.

Sorry.

After going through my purchase history on eBay, looks like I bought 23/24mm and 17/18mm buttons. I believe the 14mm buttons are too small, and intended for use on the RAF side cap.

Finding a supplier is tough. I had to cobble together enough buttons for the coat from more than one source. Keep an eye to eBay and eBay.co.uk...they do pop up.

Sorry.

Thanks for the info. I believe I found a supplier. Hopefully they have the right amounts. I heard there are buttons underneath the hidden pleat in the back. How many are there and what size? Also are the buttons on the shoulders the same size of the ones on the front part of the coat or on the wrists. Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I believe I found a supplier. Hopefully they have the right amounts. I heard there are buttons underneath the hidden pleat in the back. How many are there and what size? Also are the buttons on the shoulders the same size of the ones on the front part of the coat or on the wrists. Thanks!

10 x 24mm buttons for the front, 3 x 18mm buttons on each cuff, and 1 x 18mm button for each epaulette (8 x 18mm total)

You are prefectly correct on that. I'm 6ft 2ins, so it will be quite a bit shorter on me than someone not as tall. I was hoping for this kind of length....

http://i2.listal.com/image/1169790/936full-john-barrowman.jpg

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/.a/6a01348361f24a970c0133f16058e8970b-pi

http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/.a/6a01348361f24a970c0133f160e306970b-pi

What I got is actually closer to the length in your piccie. I just like long coats and the Tennant length would have given me that look.

I got an authentic WWII RAF Officer Great Coat. It is still quite heavy but nice, smooth wool...tailor made. But this one was worn by a Tall size officer. I had the sleeves tailored at the shoulder to preserve the cuffs, but I left the length to get this look in your picks.
RAF WWII Greatcoat.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back