Abbyshot Eleventh Doctor Jacket

Im wondering if anybody else has gotten this jacket, i havent seen any other pictures except for the ones on abbyshot.com. Im wondeirng if it would be easier to buy the abbyshot jacket or get the official W Bill tweed fabric, then have it tailor made somewhere... If so, any ideas for a somewhat cheap tailor that could make the jacket?

A cheap tailor will give you a cheap jacket. It would be foolish to spend the money on the W Bill tweed to throw it away on a cheap tailor.

A cheap tailor will give you a cheap jacket. It would be foolish to spend the money on the W Bill tweed to throw it away on a cheap tailor.
I agree, however i will be hardpressed to afford either the tweed or the abbyshot jacket so it would take me at least 2 years to afford a nice tailor to make it for me... I mean to afford either of them and then take it to a tailor

Apologies for dredging up this old thread...
I purchased one of the Abbyshot jackets recently. My general observation is that*it is certainly not worth the money. The fabric is a wool / poly blend which has nothing to recommend it over 100% wool that you'd expect in a jacket that cost even half as much. The jacket lining in polyester which will be very hot and sweaty when worn, rather than something lighter like viscose that again you expect in almost any decently made jacket. Overall it looks and feels incredibly cheap and I would imagine that it cost very little to manufacture. Disappointing

With the exception of their Blade Runner coat, I don't think Abbyshot has ever turned out a product that could be considered all that good. Certainly not anything I'd spend money on. I have very little hope for their new frock coat, but it would be nice if it's decent.

It's the scrimping on materials that bugs me most... The elbow patches are supposed to be genuine leather but have the feel and smell of synthetic. None of these things are expensive and they must be saving only a few dollars. Has a huge effect on quality though

With the exception of their Blade Runner coat, I don't think Abbyshot has ever turned out a product that could be considered all that good. Certainly not anything I'd spend money on. I have very little hope for their new frock coat, but it would be nice if it's decent.

The fit on that thing was awful, though.

The fit on the 11th doctor jacket isn't too bad although the sleeves are probably allittle too long. I had one of Abbyshots original Firefly brown coats and that was a horrible fit

I'm pretty sure the fit on the real thing was pretty bad as well.

Yeah, but at least it had shape. Seems to me - and you'd know better than me - but it seems as though they design their clothes for the heavier gent, then sort of scale them down for the smaller sizes. Which doesn't give a great fit, and doesn't give you much accuracy either.

I think that's just how things are usually made over here. I guess the average consumer (lol) is a fat load.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back