Abbyshot Doctor Who Green Coat

SHER

Hey all, I'm considering buying the Abbyshot Eleventh Doctor's green coat and I want to know what people think of it.

I tried it on at DCon. It's baggy in the waist and fits between sizes.

Can you elaborate on this? The biggest problem I have with their clothes is that as a 38, their "small" is too small, and their "medium" is too large. If the sizing is off on this coat, it may actually work in my favour!

If you're on the look-out for a green coat, i recently ordered the "heavier" green Cosplaysky coat, and i'll propably be writing up a review on it when i get it.

Dave, we wear the same size, so I can tell you that it has the same problem. The medium will be too big. Not sure about the small, but I wouldn't spend the money to find out.

Hmm...I tried on the Harkness coat, quite liked it, but the medium was like a tent. I returned it, sometimes tempted to go to the same vendor and try the small.

Any comments about the hardiness of the coat? I've never bought from Abbyshot before, so I don't know about thier quality. If I purchase, I would plan on using the coat for daily use, can it stand up to that? Also, how is the color in person? It just looks too light in the photos they've released.

Their stuff is made to withstand daily use. Actually I don't think I've ever worn anything that wasn't, including my first Honest Dragon Tennant suit.

As for the color, it looked similar in shade to the better coats I've seen.

For US folks, this just popped up on Thinkgeek. I don't know if they ever offer coupons but that might be a good way to go.

I got a Martha Jones Jacket from Abbyshot and it is my favorite jacket to wear ever. I wear it as often as possible and it fits me perfectly. I hope you enjoy yours.

I really want this jacket. I'm worried about the sizes though. it goes from a 36 (small) to a 40(medium).....and everyone says the 40 runs large.

I wear a 38L in a regular sports coat.....so I'm wondering if the small would fit me better though with my long arms...maybe I should get a 40

Unfortunately, the coat won't come till Monday... :cry

Oh well, the wait will be worth it... I am sure... ish.

I really want this jacket. I'm worried about the sizes though. it goes from a 36 (small) to a 40(medium).....and everyone says the 40 runs large.

I wear a 38L in a regular sports coat.....so I'm wondering if the small would fit me better though with my long arms...maybe I should get a 40

If anything, I am sure you could find someone who would be able to alter it.

To Guss: Did you ever get/write a review of your Cosplaysky coat?

Oh golly, yeah. I'll try get one out, here (in the meantime here is a PM i wrote to somebody on dw-cosplay:

The material itself is a nice wool (maybe a wool blend), quite soft and thick. It's medium warm, not as warm as a puffer coat, but certainly warmer than a the tweed jacket.

The buttons on mine were plastic, and quite flimsy, but they're easily replacable with some real metal buttons. the lapels are very softly rolled, which isn't always too attrative, as they're not softly rolled in the way that for example, the real sherlock coat is, these lapels just seem badly made. Mine smells oddly, and even though it's been hanging in my carport for a week the smell's still there. (After a month now, it's nearly gone away)

Also, warning, it's very long. Mine is almost ankle-length, whereas the doctor's is around knee-length, and i'll need my mother to shorten it at some point, i reccomend ordering shorter than you need/are.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back