AAV Drop Ship

The next part is build a canopy. So far, I'm thinking the vacuum forming with a wooden plug and acrylic transparent sheet.
I'm now making a plug.

By the way I just found a little model I made a half and forgot.
It's the small craft which was supposed to be in a hanger of the planet explorer I build before.

View attachment 1042039

View attachment 1042040

View attachment 1042041

View attachment 1042042

View attachment 1042043

View attachment 1042044

I guess I snatched the canopy parts from the kit parts of Snow Speeder. Those faceted style may not fit this time.
brilliant little craft

Have fun at the sea side! Wish I was there too!
If you rebuild the cockpit 1) Save the present one for some future build and 2) Consider making the cockpit a smaller scale to better match the size of the AAV. Maybe its a trick of the photos but the AAV and the cockpit don't seem to match in scale.

That meal looks fantastic. And have a wonderful time on your trip.

I hope you will all enjoy the family trip, Katsu-san !
You deserve it

Thank you Katsu for everything you share here. What a satisfying meal! Enjoy your trip and stay safe!

brilliant little craft
Thank you, Chuffy 70-san!

Enjoy your trip. That looks like amazing scenery

Thank you for your kind and warm words, my friends.

On our short trip, none of any significance happened but was a so happy trip. On the way, we talked about many things mostly about jobs. My daughter #2 seems to do fine. She will have a new apartment next year and might be married. Oh, one significant thing happened. When we were driving in the woods, I got a phone call from my mother. My daughter #1 picked up the call and, At that moment, daughter #2 found a monkey beside the road. She yelled 'Hey! It's a monkey!'. and my wife also found it and yelled 'Monkey! Monkey!' My mother on the phone heard it and yelled, 'Who is the monkey?! I'm your grandma!'. It took more than 5 minutes to explain the situation to her while my ladies were bust out laughing.:sick:

Anyway, it was one fine warm calm autumn day. Some leaves were beginning to turn their color into red or yellow. The food was great and we all enjoyed the day.

QwsP5Fa.jpg

CiKGImx.jpg

D4hRFat.jpg

nheCEB1.jpg

OK, here are some pics.

Oh, Ken-san. Yeah, the cockpit and crews seem don't match the scale of the AAV is the photo trick caused by the canopy. In order to move the crew seat, I had to make the canopy too large and it causes the imbalance. Looks like I put too many Ideas into this craft and it's gone too far. I will rebuild the cockpit module in the near future when I could make up my mind. I got some idea already (Not too much this time). Now I am back to build this vehicle.

At the build of the coach interior, I thought that this vehicle would be dropped from the fair height and if it even equipped with any landing rocket booster or robust shocks, the soldiers may have a severe shock to their body. If they sitting upright seat, they might suffer disc herniation. So, I thought, just like the seat of F-16 Fighting Falcon, I should make their seat leaning back. And it may also they can secure their headroom in this rather low ceiling interior.

hS4XSpY.jpg

OIWKgaD.jpg

nnWjIEb.jpg

And I've just test built the seat look like a cradle for an individual. As soon as they touchdown the combat zone, The cradles are raised upright position. How is that?

wy3r2b8.jpg

admMqFS.jpg

i50f2lf.jpg

85aAyku.jpg

Thanks for looking and I'm really looking forward to having a debate with you! :D

Last edited:
The scenery is beautiful, as is your family.

The interior is coming along really well. (Nice use of styrofoam for the padding.)

But where are the pictures of the monkey?! :D

If you haven't seen the movie "Act of Valor" (a movie I highly recommend) it shows boats being deployed by helicopter. I could easily see your AAV being winched to the ground (or near ground) in a similar manner.

Thanks for sharing the photos of both your trip and your progress, Katsu-san !
I love how you shaped the seats

Thank you, George-san. I was hoping you like it!

The scenery is beautiful, as is your family.

The interior is coming along really well. (Nice use of styrofoam for the padding.)

But where are the pictures of the monkey?! :D

If you haven't seen the movie "Act of Valor" (a movie I highly recommend) it shows boats being deployed by helicopter. I could easily see your AAV being winched to the ground (or near ground) in a similar manner.

This one?

1606280760127.png

Do you think I missed to see that great movie? Naa!
Black Hawk Down, American Sniper, Act of Valor, Lone Survivor They are my best movie ever!

Looking very good Katsu-san (y) (y) :notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you, sir!

Beautiful pictures of trip, family, and scenery.
Very much like the progress on the interior seats.

Thank you, Hagoth-san!

trying to catch up on this build, up to '35' ...and its a wonderful mix of family, animals, gardening, culture and there's some modelling in here too...
Hopefully looking to get 'up-to-date' by the weekend...
Katsu-san your posts are, as we say in the UK - "bloody brilliant!"

Wow, Chuffy 70-san, thank you for taking the time to watch my thread.
I'm so happy you hear you like my work!

Day's work.
I've started to build the soldier's cradles.
I think it may need 12 to 14 sets.
Then I detail up the compartment and build soldiers.
I'm thinking that I want some of them equipped with powered exoskeleton gears. Ahh, again, I'm about to going too far?

e7g5Aik.jpg

Drilling and reaming.

72mhv6t.jpg

e4aunjw.jpg

That' it for today.

The last settlement of the bad things that happened this year.
The roof repair was done several years ago but was something wrong. A few months ago, It was beginning to leak rainwater badly. It ruined the wall of the entrance room and the toilet. Fortunately, The constructor agreed to cover the costs of the repair by the constructor's insurance. Hey, we spent a lot of money on the recovery of the damages by a series of disasters. That was lucky that they agreed. It cost them a million yen. So, my wife put her handmade wreath on the entrance room and bonsai in the toilet. Of course, I am the man feed the water and bring it outside under the sun from time to time.

GC8P0su.jpg

4jGVW3w.jpg

FNGJxvj.jpg

Jup0yX5.jpg

FNGJxvj.jpg

ts0coL6.jpg

7LZxdAa.jpg

Oh, I guess you have the thanksgiving day this Thursday.
I hope you all have a happy day with a big turkey.

Thanks for looking.

Hurrah! all caught up...and enjoying. Your trip and pictures looked wonderful, what a bizarre looking monkey! ;)
I guess only here can you get great modelling and pictures of a toilet :p
I have not seen my brother for a couple of weeks, but will be telling him of your build and everything else, he will be salivating as he loves anything to with Japan of which he's been six times over the last ten years, but not of late. My brother, Dale always stayed in Asakusa, Taito Ward, Tokyo
I must visit before the time comes.
Nice idea about the tilted seats, I hope they keep their heads back on landing "snap!"

the monkey story was hilarious!

love the interior of both the model and your home

:lol:
Thanks!
:oops::lol:

Hurrah! all caught up...and enjoying. Your trip and pictures looked wonderful, what a bizarre looking monkey! ;)
I guess only here can you get great modelling and pictures of a toilet :p
I have not seen my brother for a couple of weeks, but will be telling him of your build and everything else, he will be salivating as he loves anything to with Japan of which he's been six times over the last ten years, but not of late. My brother, Dale always stayed in Asakusa, Taito Ward, Tokyo
I must visit before the time comes.
Nice idea about the tilted seats, I hope they keep their heads back on landing "snap!"

Thanks for the comment, Chuffy 70-san. I'm so happy that you've enjoyed my build. Send my best regards to your brother. My sister is living nearby Asakusa. The 10 stories apartment beside the Kototoi bridge. I guess your brother might have seen that before.

Just the test set of the soldier's cradles.

cJH7orm.jpg

landing position.

5xK1f7s.jpg

Disembarking position.

VHxrOd9.jpg

MRAQt6t.jpg

Rrc4FpV.jpg

I will start to make the cabin interior equipment like fire distinguished, air conditioner outlet, rifles, and guns and gun rack, O2 bottle, hold back bar and handrails...etc., before going for the paint job.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Amazing as always!
I'm thanking you, always!
Great model building Katsu-san...but question: how those troops will get up and leave that truck?:unsure:
Thank you, joberg-san.

Do you remember the one scene of the Star Wars sequel? The column of droids was drawn from the vehicle. Just like a drawer. So, I built those angled pedestals of cradles. When it landed, the rear gate opened and the pedestals are coming out with those cradles on it.
Then, the pedestals are rotated to the upright position and drop the soldiers on the ground. Easy to say, hard to make. I will try but I don't think I can make it as I said. Maybe it will end up just a thought as usual.:rolleyes:

I'm thanking you, always!

Thank you, joberg-san.

Do you remember the one scene of the Star Wars sequel? The column of droids was drawn from the vehicle. Just like a drawer. So, I built those angled pedestals of cradles. When it landed, the rear gate opened and the pedestals are coming out with those cradles on it.
Then, the pedestals are rotated to the upright position and drop the soldiers on the ground. Easy to say, hard to make. I will try but I don't think I can make it as I said. Maybe it will end up just a thought as usual.:rolleyes:

I like it the concept.

This is what you were referring to

26389038b8cfeac4c42af9220e35d0db8aac41e4_00.jpg

The only downside to that method is is doesn't allow for rapid deployment as quick as just running out a door.

But on the other hand it would look really cool

Also, I would also think that angled back seat would help cushion so harsher landings and bumpier rides?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back