AAV Drop Ship

Started to build the upper body.

0SukIAD.jpg

yXVwSOz.jpg

I've just put on the cardboard pattern to see how it looks.

PPeR5YW.jpg

YJg3YXn.jpg

A long way to go.

Thanks for looking!

katsu

I would not worry about it, your is different enough and there are only so many shapes you can make an amphibious troop transport

In fact, yours is a much better design. The wheels are not as exposed since it slopes down more in the front. Yours also seems like it would have much better armor as well and seems like it could handle rougher terrain

No, don’t change anything. Your designs are always exciting to watch.

It's going to be good Katsu-san(y)(y):notworthy::notworthy:

I would not worry about it, your is different enough and there are only so many shapes you can make an amphibious troop transport

In fact, yours is a much better design. The wheels are not as exposed since it slopes down more in the front. Yours also seems like it would have much better armor as well and seems like it could handle rougher terrain

I like your design a great deal -I'm amazed at the compound angles you've created without introducing curves.

I enjoyed Ark 2 as a child. Your design's better.

Oh, no, oh, no, I'm sorry, my friends. I didn't mean that. I'm so sorry, MoleRat-san. For as long as I remember, that TV show hadn't run in Japan. So I didn't know about that vehicle and talking chimpanzee. If I knew that vehicle, I didn't come up with that design I made. As I knew about the awesome design of the 'Land Master', perhaps they were unknowingly influenced by my design. Consider the era, the design of the Ark2 is very sophisticated. Especially, compared with ours in the same era. Now, again, I am so impressed by the amazing sense of industrial design in the western world.

1605915991894.png
:oops:
1605918048911.png

1605916396109.png
Screwed...? o_O Headache...

:lol:
In fact, the pace of the build is rather fast now.
Before I come down to the actual build of the coach, It's a good time to slow down and check the final design and the detailing parts.

Again, I'm sorry, my friends. It was a comment that was short of words.
And I always appreciate your supports and straight opinion.

Best regards,
Katsu

Attachments

• 1605917958370.png
    1605917958370.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 30
Out of curiosity, would the AAV fit facing backwards? It looks like the shape of the bottom of the drop ship's hull matches fairly closely to the rear of the AAV. (Though tactically, I would think it would make more sense to face forwards, like you have it.)

Well I have been out of touch lately and I seem to have missed a lot! Nice work on the AAV. Working suspension and everything! Awesome!
Tom Clancey got a visit from the FBI after he wrote The Hunt For Red October wanting to find out how he knew so much about American submarines. Be careful!

.Out of curiosity, would the AAV fit facing backwards? It looks like the shape of the bottom of the drop ship's hull matches fairly closely to the rear of the AAV. (Though tactically, I would think it would make more sense to face forwards, like you have it.)
Yes, Tom-san. That's another issue that I have to solve. The first idea didn't have the nose tilt mechanism. So, there was enough room to accept the nose of AAV. Now the room is occupied by a gearbox and actuator. There are two options that I supposed to take.

1. Put the bulge on both sides of the nose section to conceal the AAV's nose.

2. Just remove the nose tilt mechanisms and re-construct the new nose section.

I'm now thinking that the new design of the nose section will be the better option to take. That will be fun to build.

The early idea of adding a bulge.
HHTvO3q.jpg

khTCw1s.jpg

I'm thinking that the new nose section will be the side by side seating cockpit.

Hey, this project is getting harder like the one of the MV-22 Osprey. :lol: :eek:

Well I have been out of touch lately and I seem to have missed a lot! Nice work on the AAV. Working suspension and everything! Awesome!
Tom Clancey got a visit from the FBI after he wrote The Hunt For Red October wanting to find out how he knew so much about American submarines. Be careful!
Hi, Ken-san!
Thanks for the kind comment! I'm so happy to know you like my work.
You have no idea how I loved the novels of Tom Clancy!
Ever since the days I read 'The Hunt for Red October' I was crazy about him.
I couldn't wait for his new novel every year.
Oh, I miss him so badly!
And the thing you advised me will never ever happens to me! You are kidding me!
Haha...... Hum... wait a minute, some guys in black just came out from the black Chevy Suburban and coming up to the front porch of my house. I think, I ah..... ... .....

Ah, A couple Men in Black, a flashy memory wipe wand (You won't remember that part Katsu) and now we know the real reason behind the sudden design changes. :cautious::lol:

Actually I can see how it might make sense to have the AAV facing towards the back of the drop ship. The drop ship lands with the rear facing the enemy to deliver the AAV and then takes off away from the enemy lines. Provide rear facing turrets on the sides of the drop ship tail assembly to lay down cover fire for the decent to the ground and subsequent launch of the AAV.

I like the idea of a side by side cockpit arrangement. Seems to fit better with the width of the AAV.

Nothing like a little Katsu-san to get the creative thinking gears going in the morning! Weird. Did I hear a bell? Why am I hungry again? :unsure:

:)
So sad you won't be able to complete the project without the approval of those men in black.
LOL

Russia and China both suggest me to make a defection. I am waiting for them to send me a honey trap. :love: Their measure is always creative and attractive, and undeniable.;)

Ah, A couple Men in Black, a flashy memory wipe wand (You won't remember that part Katsu) and now we know the real reason behind the sudden design changes. :cautious::lol:
:eek:

Actually I can see how it might make sense to have the AAV facing towards the back of the drop ship. The drop ship lands with the rear facing the enemy to deliver the AAV and then takes off away from the enemy lines. Provide rear facing turrets on the sides of the drop ship tail assembly to lay down cover fire for the decent to the ground and subsequent launch of the AAV.

I like the idea of a side by side cockpit arrangement. Seems to fit better with the width of the AAV.

Nothing like a little Katsu-san to get the creative thinking gears going in the morning! Weird. Did I hear a bell? Why am I hungry again? :unsure:

I'm keep thinking about that and thought that maybe it's not necessary to fit the vehicle so tight with the dropship. I will try some.

Anyway, here you go!
IhFxovQ.jpg

Tomorrow, all of our family members will get together and make a short trip to the seaside place.
It's really a short trip, maybe 2 hours driving along the highway.
The last time we made a trip was more than a year ago.
We had a plan but all gone by Covid19.
So, we are very looking forward to it.
Looks like the weather will be fine tomorrow.

There's a small waterfall that makes this scenery.
A fall of a heart.

1606005236013.png

Kamogawa Grand Hotel
They said this hotel has a good restaurant.

1606005357586.png

1606005493188.png

Thanks for looking!

Katsu

Attachments

• 1606005170446.png
    1606005170446.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 37
Have fun at the sea side! Wish I was there too!
If you rebuild the cockpit 1) Save the present one for some future build and 2) Consider making the cockpit a smaller scale to better match the size of the AAV. Maybe its a trick of the photos but the AAV and the cockpit don't seem to match in scale.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back