AAV Drop Ship

How about having the rear canopy open to the side, like the F-104 Starfighter? Then you could have the front canopy open from the rear. Just a thought.

I missed a lot while I was on vacation last week! (we went to the beach)

The canopy is looking great!

...and glad your feeling better
Thanks! Oh, we missed the beach for long time. Here we have a good white sand beach in 1 hour ride distance. We've wanted to go to the beach this summer but bad timing every time. Extended rainy season and bad weather each weekend. So I've jumped in to our pool instead. Fortunately, the water of the pool is ground water. Pretty cold. Here we have another typhoon next week.
Ha ha, thanks for taking care for me. I'm back on.
Looks like I have forced you good people to take care of me. :lol:

How about having the rear canopy open to the side, like the F-104 Starfighter? Then you could have the front canopy open from the rear. Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice Stevie-san. That's some idea to consider!

I'm gonna take a little rest on next week. Away from model build. I have some stuck housekeeping things to take care of.
Ahh... no rest anyway.

World news says a big hurricane is coming on US coast. Anything you have in US is bigger than ours. I hope you won't suffer any damage.

All the best,

On the midnight of September 9, the typhoon #15 has come along direct on my vicinity and ruined the power system within the prefecture for almost three days and collapsed my house's concrete block wall around outside and ruined my wife's small garden completely. It was just a miracle that my house was stay still. No water, no air conditioning for 100 degree F. I have never experiences so long power down in my life.
the power back on this noon and we started to resume normal life. We are all fine.

It was less than a years ago that the typhoon blew our roof away.
Looks like we have to start the long restoration works again.

Oh, it's OK, we are living in this small island with a earth quake and typhoon.
None of us have been injured anyway - my wife is depressed a bit thou.

I will start to post the progress as soon as we settled.

I heard that the big hurricane has raided the US coast at the same time.
I hope and pray no one injured.

On the midnight of September 9, the typhoon #15 has come along direct on my vicinity and ruined the power system within the prefecture for almost three days and collapsed my house's concrete block wall around outside and ruined my wife's small garden completely. It was just a miracle that my house was stay still. No water, no air conditioning for 100 degree F. I have never experiences so long power down in my life.
the power back on this noon and we started to resume normal life. We are all fine.

It was less than a years ago that the typhoon blew our roof away.
Looks like we have to start the long restoration works again.

Oh, it's OK, we are living in this small island with a earth quake and typhoon.
None of us have been injured anyway - my wife is depressed a bit thou.

I will start to post the progress as soon as we settled.

I heard that the big hurricane has raided the US coast at the same time.
I hope and pray no one injured.
We are putting a new roof on our house from a wind storm back in June. Nothing like a typhoon, thank goodness!! You could always come to the Midwest. No typhoons but this winter is predicted to be very cold.

We are putting a new roof on our house from a wind storm back in June. Nothing like a typhoon, thank goodness!! You could always come to the Midwest. No typhoons but this winter is predicted to be very cold.

This is it! Anything happens in US is bigger than ours. And you Americans have been fighting against your world biggest nature for long time and loving it and living with it.
Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the damage and associated power issues caused to your home Katsu-san, and to your wife’s garden - but also very glad to read that no one was seriously injured or otherwise, & everyone’s O.K. !
Seems these ‘ NATURAL ’ weather events are not only getting more powerful, but occurring at an alarmingly frequent rate, with records being broken constantly !?
It’s supposed to be Spring over here , however on the east coast they’re already battling Summer-type bushfires in two states !:confused:

So glad to know you and your family are okay, Katsu-san. The big hurricane on the East Coast of the US caused problems but did not become the disaster expected. Take your time and rebuild your place.

At least you and the family are ok. It sucks having two things happen in two years related to weather

back in 2012 we lost power for 4 days after a Hurricane. However the weather got cold and my wife wound up getting pnuemonia

I'm sorry for your damage and the ordeal you had to go through, and am glad that you and your wife are well.

We rarely REALLY appreciate electricity, water, and air conditioning (or heat) until they get knocked out.

A few years ago we had a bad storm that knocked out the power for a few days. Fortunately, I had water (including HOT water,) and electricity at my office, so I wasn't too inconvenienced.

Thank you very much, my friends.
The power has been back on yesterday. I really realize how much we rely and depend the whole things on electric power. There are still thousands of home to need a recovering of power. Some elderly persons living alone are passed away with the heat shock.
I'm curious, I think the main cause of this power down is the way of convey the electric power. Most of all Japanese urban/suburban place is conveying power with cables hung on telephone pole. I think it's very vulnerable for earth quake and especially for typhoon. Falling trees are always cut up the cables which makes it difficult to find out the disconnected place and which causes a serious delay of recovery. If the troubles are at the power station or transformer station, the recovery will be quickly.
I think those western countries are using under ground cable for power. It might be reliable than ours for sure. I don't know why our people took that way but nothing good about it.

I don't think this anomaly weather is consequences of global warming generated by CO2, I don't know. But maybe this planet has come to its own turn of cyclic change or something.

Sorry to hear about the damage and associated power issues caused to your home Katsu-san, and to your wife’s garden - but also very glad to read that no one was seriously injured or otherwise, & everyone’s O.K. !
Seems these ‘ NATURAL ’ weather events are not only getting more powerful, but occurring at an alarmingly frequent rate, with records being broken constantly !?
It’s supposed to be Spring over here , however on the east coast they’re already battling Summer-type bushfires in two states !:confused:

Thank you Ged-san.
Yeah, Ged-san, weather condition is getting worse every year. As you know, we are living in a small country and 80% of the land is mountain. People are living concentrated on flat land of rest 15%. That's why the heavy rain and winds always be a serious disaster here every year.

So glad to know you and your family are okay, Katsu-san. The big hurricane on the East Coast of the US caused problems but did not become the disaster expected. Take your time and rebuild your place.

Thank you, Stevie-san!
I'm so relieved that the hurricane was not so serious disaster at your place.
We are still in a middle of typhoon season and another one will come sooner.

At least you and the family are ok. It sucks having two things happen in two years related to weather

back in 2012 we lost power for 4 days after a Hurricane. However the weather got cold and my wife wound up getting pnuemonia

Thank you, 'A'
Oh, Yes, you've told me that when we suffered that last year, Analyzer-san. At least we are all fine. I should accept this inconveniences.

I'm glad to hear you are all safe, and that the house is still standing!

Thank you! g0rb-san.

I'm sorry for your damage and the ordeal you had to go through, and am glad that you and your wife are well.
We rarely REALLY appreciate electricity, water, and air conditioning (or heat) until they get knocked out.

A few years ago we had a bad storm that knocked out the power for a few days. Fortunately, I had water (including HOT water,) and electricity at my office, so I wasn't too inconvenienced.

Thank you, Tom-san! As long as we live on this grumpy planet, we had to deal with it.
How are we relying on electric?
These conversations have been actually exchanged. No fake! :lol:

'Hey, papa, look, power is all dead now. How long will it be until back on?'
'I have no idea, let's check the news. Yuki, turn on the TV! '
'Hey, hey!!'
'Oops, yeah, I know'

'D**n, it's too hot, but no air conditioner!'
'Hey, I think we had stored a cooling fan somewhere?'
'Oh, Yes.... no, honey, I said...'

'I want to go to poop'
'Don't forget to bring your water in a bucket...hey where are you going?'
'To the kitchen, a water.....'
'Draw up the water from the pool outside'
'Sure'

Another several hundred thousand yen will be flew away for this.
But I can get over it. I have a very reliable wife here! I can support her with a nice bento lunch ;).

1568250314417.png

katsu

Last edited:
Wow! That's a lot of damage to your garden! At least that can be rebuilt. The safety of the family is the most important thing. It looks like some of the plants survived, that will help in the rebuilding.

That sure made an expensive mess you don't need right now. What a shame. good luck

You're right about the power lines

For our electric here, before we moved our old neighborhood had poles running the wires. We lost power a lot, especially during winter storms due to ice and stuff

We moved a few years back and thank god our new area has all underground power. The only time it goes out is when the transformer or power station goes off line and then it is usually not long to fix

Wow! That's a lot of damage to your garden! At least that can be rebuilt. The safety of the family is the most important thing. It looks like some of the plants survived, that will help in the rebuilding.

Yeah, people walking by the alley looks surprised.:oops:
I just can smile at them.;)

That sure made an expensive mess you don't need right now. What a shame. good luck

You're right about the power lines

For our electric here, before we moved our old neighborhood had poles running the wires. We lost power a lot, especially during winter storms due to ice and stuff

We moved a few years back and thank god our new area has all underground power. The only time it goes out is when the transformer or power station goes off line and then it is usually not long to fix

Huum, you are lucky. We should done that for long time ago. :(

Take care of your home and family first . I know you will get back to the drop ship when the time is right.

Thank you Ken-san

Yes! Family first for sure...take your time Katsu-San ;)

Thank you, joberg-san

Yesterday, I got in touch with a good constructor nearby. Though their shops elec power is still down but they came quickly and removed the wrecks of the ruined brick wall. We have to wait for the recovery work until November because they have a long list of the job to do for who need them immediately. The chief said it's so miserable because they can't take a good shower after work.
Still 45,000 homes in our town haven't restored the power supply.
Tokyo Electric Power Company debt us hudge.
Just like the tragedy of Fukushima, Their power supply planning was always long behind the way it should be.

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back