AAV Drop Ship

A few progress.

Last week I popped and burnt a whole LED wiring. Wasted a whole days. It's OK with me.
So, build something I can do for now.

That was supposed to be a simple build of flaps but it took a little longer than I expected.
It was a bit difficult to have an appropriate friction of the movement of flap.
The answer was simple. Use a thick shaft.

This is technically a flaperon - A moving blade with bi-directional functions of flaps and ailerons - Ah..... Something like that.

Cruising position

CAMaFho.jpg

For conventional take off/landing position.
Yeah, conventional takeoff/landing! Unlike the V-22 Osprey, this craft can take off with running on usual runway to earn more payload.

XTSZX7d.jpg

For vertical take off and landing position. Full down.
It may hold the jet wash beneath the wing and reduce vertical air resistance.

mTKQKcn.jpg

Turning with aileron.

m2gmUVm.jpg

Strut position for air braking.

UOg4jqY.jpg

The wing was mounted with a pivot so that the wing can rotate to be handy for storing in a hanger deck.

Np2huZP.jpg

Well I will try the wiring again and then start to build the extra body plates.

Thanks for looking.

katsu

Woah !..., Real-world - Functionality & Form ! - Hail to a Master Builder !
I’m starting to think joberg maybe right re; taking out a patent Katsu - san !:p

Ged

View attachment 1030444
Woah !..., Real-world - Functionality & Form ! - Hail to a Master Builder !
I’m starting to think joberg maybe right re; taking out a patent Katsu - san !:p

Ged

Thank you so much!

Very clever!

Thank you!, Analyzer-san

Katsu-San, I deeply bow in front of your ingenuity and thinking process:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Thank you very much for all the kind words, joberg-san and my friends.
There are many real ingenuity I've ever saw in your side.
In the aerospace world, British AV-8 Harrier, American F-16 Falcon, F/A-18 Hornet and the amazing aircraft of V-22 Osprey which I inspired so much. More I study about this aircraft, more I found the great ingenuity. Also in a weapon system, that Chain Gun system, the main gun that AH-64 Apache has. I was so impressed that industrial chain drive mechanical firing system. :love:
I don't think they were invented easily. Those engineers may had to struggled to squeeze out those brilliant ideas. I deeply bow to those great engineers and respect to your country's great fundamental power of research and developments.

Oh, there's one more thing that I have to say.
Today, I received a spare parts of my kitchen blender. The blender is Hamilton Beaches's product I bought for more than 25 years ago. This blender is so simple and reliable and I am so impressed that the spare parts for this is still available. I think this is the conscience of America. Here in Japan, If we had a mechanical trouble of any house electrical appliances, all we can do is buy new one even if it was the last year's model. Is this eco?

Katsu

Unfortunately a majority of today’s consumables are made to be replaced , rather than ‘made to last’ Katsu-san. It’s a shame manufacturers don’t/can’t hold to the values that was once considered an ideal to be ‘proud’ of..., so, eco ? Nope !
Saying that, the Sony clock radio my father purchased for me just after starting my 1st job (@15 yrs old), 38 yrs ago - is still going strong and working fine !;)

Your design gets more and more impressive. I can only imagine an insane test pilot trying to make the configuration in your last photo work while still in flight.

Thank you Tom san.
While Im waiting for the replacement LEDs, Im fixing some small flaws here and there and some rough parts.
It is very frustrating work but it is also very important things to be done at this moment before covering the base structure.

Oh, Im texting this in a train now. My daughter invited me and my wife to a ballet in Shinjuku New National Theater in Tokyo. It is Aladdin. So, I am wearing a suits and tie which is very rare.

katsu

A few pics of work today.

I'd made a detailing for the engine nozzles.
I know it's a little different with a real one but please think of it a future High bypass turbo fan.

x5zi8If.jpg

t0RPvP1.jpg

mFC4nEb.jpg

Fwe17dt.jpg

I Added a collar around the nozzle. And stained the nozzle as it looks burnt.

7DnEb1H.jpg

rSWFT9P.jpg

saTmS0a.jpg

Ep9GlCf.jpg

mBBG1HO.jpg

Thank you for looking,

katsu

Attachments

• Ep9GlCf.jpg
    Ep9GlCf.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 85
  • saTmS0a.jpg
    saTmS0a.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 84
  • rSWFT9P.jpg
    rSWFT9P.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 7DnEb1H.jpg
    7DnEb1H.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Fwe17dt.jpg
    Fwe17dt.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 79
  • mFC4nEb.jpg
    mFC4nEb.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 96
  • t0RPvP1.jpg
    t0RPvP1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 86
  • x5zi8If.jpg
    x5zi8If.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 83
  • x5zi8If.jpg
    x5zi8If.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Excellent work as always!

Thank you very much. Analyzer-san,

Agreed. There's nothing about this project that doesn't look like it'd work as an actual aircraft. Confess, Katsu-san: you're actually an aerospace engineer.

Thank you, Tom-san.
Cough, when I started my carrier as a aerospace engineer, that was one fine day in spring of my age of 5. I made a paper plane and I suddenly.......Omitted below......... No way! Tom-san! :love:

Beautiful! Truly inspiring work!

Thank you! korben44-san.
You ARE inspireing me!

It is in a middle of rainy season and cold rain everyday but is also a season of flowers bloom.
Every once or twice in a week, my wife picks some flowers from our tiny garden and put them in a vase or something.
It is just an insignificant thing but always make me happy and calm.
And I always remember the short poem. It's the work of poet in Meiji era Ishikawa Takuboku (1886-1912).

'A day when all friends look greater than me
buy a bunch of flower
Exchange smile with my wife'

Awareness of humility, some are attending to church, or Zen and Yoga.
Because it's important for us to hold an static axis in our mind.
Well, if I happened to have the things I can't do anything the way I want,
just watch a flower and spend some time at home with someone.
A flowers at the flower shop, or small flowers blooming along your way home.
For me, it is a better idea than just drunk and forget.

INJ1pis.jpg

bLQYyn7.jpg

sfCcmYR.jpg

9wcLag4.jpg

seWeZyU.jpg

Hoping my all good friends have a happy starting of this week.

Katsu

Last edited:
That's funny, I just picked up that very same Bandai 1/12 Analyzer kit last week and have been itching to build it!

One of my favorite episodes from that series was 'The Clockwork Prisoner" where Analyzer reactivates the Garmillas android and bonds with it. Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Flowers are definitely calming and fulfilling to grow. Every winter we always look towards the annual flower show in early March at the Philadelphia convention center. It's a great preview for spring

That's funny, I just picked up that very same Bandai 1/12 Analyzer kit last week and have been itching to build it!

Wow, it's a co-incidents!!
I thought you used use the image like that.
Go ahead build and put it up soon!!

One of my favorite episodes from that series was 'The Clockwork Prisoner" where Analyzer reactivates the Garmillas android and bonds with it. Do androids dream of electric sheep?

Is that a episode from original TV series? Hey I was the 1st grade of high school when I see that show. Gee, can't remember!!

Flowers are definitely calming and fulfilling to grow. Every winter we always look towards the annual flower show in early March at the Philadelphia convention center. It's a great preview for spring

Whoowaaaaw! You people always do things so great!!:love:

There's always someone better. :notworthy:
This is the very moment I might wanna go buy some flowers and exchange smiles with my wife.

Is that a episode from original TV series? Hey I was the 1st grade of high school when I see that show. Gee, can't remember!!

I used to watch it here when I was a kid as well. I think it took a year or two to reach the states. Funny thing is, it pre-dated Star Wars!

But this episode is from the 2199 remake of the original series. It is not a reboot, but instead it is a fairly faithful remake with some small changes in the main story, new characters (including several female ones), a more modern tech design, and an animation style inspired by that of the original series

It is well worth seeing the new series if you haven't

Wow, it's a co-incidents!!
I thought you used use the image like that.
Go ahead build and put it up soon!!

At some point I did plan on using my finished build as my avatar picture

In the meantime I used a picture from the scene below...

I just loved the way the scene was done with the red giant star in the background.

Basically Analyzer reactivated a captured Garmillas robot and named him Alter. He tried to teach him to speak as well as learn more about the garmillas. The android had a built in self destruct mechanism and at some point escaped the room and wandered around the ship making a big discovery (don't want to ruin that part). It was being chased and wound up on the deck

Yuki tracks Alter to the upper deck, outside the ship. Okita reiterates the need to stop him from reaching the automatic pilot room, destroying it if they must. Damaged and shaken, Alter walks past gun turret one. He stops. Analyzer stands before him. Under the light of a red star, the two machines slowly approach each other, watched by Kodai and the others from the main bridge.

After a brief pause, Alter reaches out for Analyzer. At that point, his damaged legs break apart and he falls forward. Analyzer reaches for Alter’s hand. Upon contact, Analyzer immediately hacks Alter’s system

As his systems shut down, Alter utters the words, “dog… cat… being… goddess… death… fr—i—en—d……”, just before the insides of his head turn into mush, splattering service fluids over Analyzer.

Analyzer reports the garmilloid Alternative has been shut down, and that its mainframe has been reformatted and can’t be rebooted. Sanada orders him to retrieve its task log, which Analyzer extracts from Alter’s chest before jettisoning the garmilloid’s lifeless husk. He stands there motionless, watching as his friend’s body floats away.

Later, Sanada has completed his analysis of the retrieved data and reports no evidence of any activated booby trap. Analyzer concludes, backed by Sanada, that in the end Alter still believed that he still had at least one friend aboard. This is little comfort to Analyzer, who looks silently at the image of a dog on the screen…

We see Alter’s body floating in space while Analyzer stands quietly in the rear observation dome looking at the red star as Yamato flies away.

Meanwhile over the ships radio Misaki reads the last line of a book..

“‘I no longer feel pity for that doll. Because I know that I am also one, created by Houdin,’ he thought to himself, alone in his small room in the observation station. Wether that beautiful doll did or did not have a heart, it didn’t matter to him. As he thought this, as well… ‘The fact that I have a heart is a secret that belongs only to me.'”

sby2199-ep-09.jpg

screenshot-295.png

This is the very moment I might wanna go buy some flowers and exchange smiles with my wife.

Sounds like a great moment

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back