AAV Drop Ship

Here are some progress.

I fixed the design of the tale fan section and built it.

X9Qkqoc.jpg

JszEmMY.jpg

Cz4YQ1Y.jpg

jwqD9sb.jpg

7ay9NiB.jpg

rUYrtGs.jpg

B5r3XI9.jpg

K9UKqkO.jpg

That's it for now.

We are in a rainy season as of this week.
It will end up in late July.

I've changed the diorama of the kitchen counter with my wife on rainy Saturday.
Everything we needed was all available at local one coin shop.

hesbX8i.jpg

gYQUIfb.jpg

e2fA7mW.jpg

UwyIBBn.jpg

Thanks for looking and have a nice week, my friends.

katsu

The worked on items in your latest post are beautifully executed my friend.
Both your wife and yourself certainly share a creative mind - if the skill & imaginative drive were represented by an entire hand, then I’d be content to just have the tip of the finger nail on that ‘pinky’ of yours !(y):).

It’s winter over here too, perfect modelling weather !;)

Ged

The worked on items in your latest post are beautifully executed my friend.
Both your wife and yourself certainly share a creative mind - if the skill & imaginative drive were represented by an entire hand, then I’d be content to just have the tip of the finger nail on that ‘pinky’ of yours !(y):).

It’s winter over here too, perfect modelling weather !;)

Ged

Thank you, Ged-san.
Same longitude, same time zone but opposite seasons.
Enjoy your modeling, my friend.

Aloha, a beach bar...I'll take a Rum and Coke while I admire all the cool things on the walls and shelves!

Be my guest any time! Analyzer-san

katsu

You ever have one of those moments where you're just cruising along and then you see something that just recalibrates EVERYTHING you thought you knew and you immediately think, "Well - this changes everything." That just happened. Absolutely stunning work. I'm in for the ride...

Wonderful work! Your vision is taking shape... Looking forward to seeing it fully finished. Couldn't help but notice the Blade Runner pistol in the background...lol

Thanks, korben-san.
Oops, you saw that. It delivered that day. That was so expensive and I bought it on installment. 12 times...:confused:

You ever have one of those moments where you're just cruising along and then you see something that just recalibrates EVERYTHING you thought you knew and you immediately think, "Well - this changes everything." That just happened. Absolutely stunning work. I'm in for the ride...

Thank you very much for stopping-by and your kind comment, orthfox-san.
Please enjoy sharing this build with me.

Katsu

Last night, before I go to bed, I thought I'm gonna have to do the wiring for LEDs Tomorrow, and suddenly, I've just noticed that I forgot to run the wiring for the wing end light. Oops, it's too late to run the wires inside of the nacelles.
'My friends! Why didn't you told me that? You should have known that!'
When I made a mistake like this, I instantly blame others for the time being, which makes me feel better and calm.
It is also the main cause of the conflict with my wife. We have been doing this for last 30 years. Consequences are always the same.

Then, I quickly repented and began to consider what I could do.

One of the way is run a thin wire around the nacelles.
But I took this way.

3RDMkTD.jpg

hWtBLCR.jpg

xkUKJFu.jpg

hAmLBGP.jpg

LgjHRWo.jpg

FTMIxXg.jpg

Test fitting.

Il32pjy.jpg

VZkLPN8.jpg

6aXX7PD.jpg

Maybe, this may look a little better somehow.

My friends, please forgive me for cursing you, even for a brief moment.:p

Well, what would be the next issue?:rolleyes:

Thanks for looking.

kastu

Yep, we were all amused by the omission, but realized it would lead you to correct the mistake in a way that would make the model even cooler, so said nothing.

(Just joking, I had no idea there would be LED's on the engine housings, though a great detail like that is exactly the sort of thing you'd do.)

:p

I think that is a better way to go, and it gives the fan housings a more futuristic look. ;)(y)

Thank you ! Stevie-san

Ingenious design, Katsu-san!

Thank you!, koben-san.

Yep, we were all amused by the omission, but realized it would lead you to correct the mistake in a way that would make the model even cooler, so said nothing.

(Just joking, I had no idea there would be LED's on the engine housings, though a great detail like that is exactly the sort of thing you'd do.)

:p

THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND CONSIDERATENESS. Is my spelling OK?) :lol:
Thanks,Tom-san!

I’m gonna ‘borrow’ that masking tape trick/method Katsu-san, and terrific looking alternative lighting solution too! :)

Thanks, ged-san, I'm happy if that little trick help you.

"There are no mistakes, only happy little accidents..." :)

It's the good thinking. :p
Thanks! g0rb-san

Most excellent build so far...looking for the next update ;)

Thank you very much, joberg-san!

katsu

I hadn't considered there being lights there, but that totally makes sense, and you came up with a brilliant way to solve it!

Incredible design and build. Your skills and craftsmanship are truly inspirational, I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to your future posts. I love seeing people work with soft metals, you make it look so easy. Thank you for sharing your skills.

Cheers -- James

I hadn't considered there being lights there, but that totally makes sense, and you came up with a brilliant way to solve it!

Thank you, Analyze-an.
I always forget something important in last several model build.
This time was lucky that could recover it.
I should check my 'do list before move to the next step.

Incredible design and build. Your skills and craftsmanship are truly inspirational, I've enjoyed reading this thread and I'm looking forward to your future posts. I love seeing people work with soft metals, you make it look so easy. Thank you for sharing your skills.

Cheers -- James

Thank you for your kind comment, James-san.
This is the second model I work with sheet aluminum.
It's easy to cut, bend and has enough strength for the model building.

katsu

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back