A "Yoda Saber using a Bolsey" question for you lightsaber guys...

NeoRutty

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So while my main goal right now, as I enter this prop world, is to make the OT trilogy sabers, I'm really becoming interested in making a yoda hilt...

So I read up as much as I can on it, and while I know the "original" isn't a Bolsey, I understand it's a good replacement...

The thing is, everytime I see a bolsey, it says "Bolsey B2"... is that one the good alternative?... it aways just says Bolsey...

it seems the last time people were really discussing this, it was 3 or 4 years ago...

So I put this out today... as a budget builder (for now)

What Bolsey?

Last edited:
I don't remember what mine was, but I did make one a few months ago, try searching for it. I know I used a No. 2 Bolsey, in a big red box. B2, I don't think is a flashgun, but a flash shoe with a plastic flash mechanism.

Ha... Sorry, that's what I actually meant... The .2 not B2... So if the Bolsey .2 is what's used, then that's cool. If someone knows for sure, even better.

That said, I'll definitely look yours up, thanks

Hi there,

you seek yoda's lightsaber ... yes hmm ... a Praco you should find ... very hard to track down ... also a Bolsey#2 may come with the wrong black pommel end ...

-Chaim

Yeah I've been watching for a praco, and would eventually like to find one, but I'm also scratching an itch... an itch to get started on a Yoda, even if just a cheaper, practice/test run....

The Black pommel end IS a bit of a problem... but I enjoy problems.

My wife loves yoda, so the eventual Praco would be for my home collection, and this Bolsey #2 could be for her work desk.

I know the original had grips that were cast... but has anyone found a good grip material? I'm thinking of buying plastic piping and cutting, sanding down.

A lot of people use any rubber sheet - dishmat, etc. and cut it up. they're pretty thin, I over-judged a little. Pipe is waay too thick

I'm making a hardware version of the Yoda saber and I used 1.25 inch plumbing pipe sprayed with plasti-tip for my grips. It keeps it thin and rubbery looking but you won't have to worry about rubber grips pealing up. I can post some pics tomorrow if you want to see

Sounds like you did exactly what I was thinking! I definitely would like to see how this worked out for you. Post pics please.

Sorry for the delay.
jy5ugypy.jpg

Re: A "Yoda Saber using a Bolsey" question for you lightsaber guys...

Small bits? It looks really cool overall, and pretty much exactly what I figured I could get the grips to look like... could I ask for the grip dimensions? I really dig the ridge around the edges... any tips? Should have my flash soon.

What did you use as the emmiter?

The "oil pan?" activator?

(if you don't mind my asking... I dig work arounds)

- - - Updated - - -

wait... maybe I'm just seeing a reflection on that ridge? ha. nice.

LOVE those grips! Those are thinner than standard PVC, was it the thinner version? usually more beige

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back