A word of warning regarding ordering figures from Play.com

TYS

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.............

Hi all,
Just wanted to share,
I ordered a Hot Toys Machiko and a Sideshow Gandalf from UK/Jersey based site Play.com last week
Matchiko = £129.99
Gandalf = £54.99
Total = £184.98
How did they ship them.............................................. .....................

Yeah you guessed it IN PLASTIC BAGS!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Each of them had been removed from there brown shipping case then the item in it's original packaging box was placed in a plastic bag for shipping,

Well you can guess how they arrived............Crushed and broken,
Have sent 'em back for a refund but needless to say I won't be getting a replacement because THEY'LL come the same way most likely,

Having reported my problems TWICE,(I was lied to by the first girl I spoke to in returns stating she'd arranged a pickup etc but she hadn't) I am now waiting my refunds,

Apologies for the rant but I needed to vent some steam,and I also didn't want any of you guys to have the same experience,

Kindest regards ;)
Tys

I think this post is alright here - it's got to do with figures and such. Big thanks for the heads-up; I've never done business with them, and now I'll stay way the hell away from them.

Sorry about your bad luck at the hands of some truly lame-ass people. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, I actually discovered play.com earlier today and filed it in my "Toy Stores" websites thingie...

Definitely not going to do business there, PLASTIC BAGS? You gotta be kidding me. ;)

Hope you get your well deserved refund.

Since we're all in the complaining mode. I just got my Hot Toys Mark 3 Iron Man where the helmet comes with a lint stuck to the paint job. I removed the lint gently with my HD TV monitor wipe cloth only to find out that the lint can only be stuck while the paint was drying. I wrote to Hot Toys for a replacement head - so far no response. Spent a fortune and waited half a year only to be disappointed. Talk about quality.

lintscratch.jpg

Since we're all in the complaining mode. I just got my Hot Toys Mark 3 Iron Man where the helmet comes with a lint stuck to the paint job. I removed the lint gently with my HD TV monitor wipe cloth only to find out that the lint can only be stuck while the paint was drying. I wrote to Hot Toys for a replacement head - so far no response. Spent a fortune and waited half a year only to be disappointed. Talk about quality.

lintscratch.jpg

Aw that's bloody awful,I hope ALL of the mk3's aren't packed like that,you'd think they'd let 'em dry before packing them,
Hope you get your replacement head buddy,
Tys

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back